• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A little bit about me (an opinionative rant about friendship)

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
*YAY* WALL OF TEXT! :D

You seem to be quite an interesting person. Similar to me in that you're anti-social, sarcastic, sassy, and even a hermit who despises other people.
I, for one, have literally no friends remaining in the real world. Sure, I have old friends that I still have on Facebook and whatnot, but do I actually talk to them? No.
All of the friends that I have, and most acquaintances, are online. Well, not "online", but that's how I meet with them - through the web, on virtual platforms. Even then, I have very "friends". Most of the people that I know, I consider them "acquaintances on good terms".

Marco, having few friends (IRL) isn't a bad thing. Sure, it may mean you're lonely most of the time, but there's other ways to fill that social void. How have I done it? By making friends online. I'm not particularly concerned with the issue of pedos, creepers, stalkers, etc., so I don't really think about that when I first meet anyone for the first time, possibly because most of the people that I come into contact with already have some form of reputation or verifiable identity.

Being a person who has, or rather had, over 250 Skype contacts at one point, I can personally say that it really doesn't mean a whole lot. If anything, it's a bother, as I used to have to scroll for like a full minute just to get to the end of my list, unless I remembered the name of the person that I was looking for.
Having a lot of friends is a lot less nice than having good friends. With 200-some contacts, I talked to maybe... what, 10 of those? A few of them just wanted to add me for a single event, some of them sent contact requests just because we happened to be in the same group chat. I didn't even really know them!
I make sure to keep a fine line between friend and acquaintance. For example, Zaex is one of my friends. You, Mamiamato, I consider an acquaintance that I am on good terms with. We don't really talk to each other much, or at all, but we know each other somewhat, and we're able to crack a few jokes and enjoy each others' company. (Sorry I don't mean to offend you Marco, I meant this in the most positive way possible)

oh, and may I remind you of that time when you were on my server, and my reaction was something along the lines of...
"OH MAH GOSH ITS MAMIAMATO24 CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH"
or something like that.
Called the wall text from the moment I saw your profile saying youve been watching this thread for 5 minutes :p

billyguy1

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Great thread, it's the best one I've seen in a while ^^

I totally get where you're coming from. IRL, I have a lot of acquaintances, using the term that Mooclan described. But are they real friends? Not really. Do I like spending a ton of time with them? Not usually. I never really have been close to a peer IRL, except for maybe one person. Even online, I don't have a lot of close friends, maybe I have a couple, and one very close friend (duh) who has kept from "going insane" as Mami put it xD
but I explain that as long as you have yourself in life, and your are comfortable with yourself and who you are, you will always be well off. You are the only person who is always there for you.
A bit cheesy(like you said), but that is a very true statement.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Great thread, it's the best one I've seen in a while ^^

I totally get where you're coming from. IRL, I have a lot of acquaintances, using the term that Mooclan described. But are they real friends? Not really. Do I like spending a ton of time with them? Not usually. I never really have been close to a peer IRL, except for maybe one person. Even online, I don't have a lot of close friends, maybe I have a couple, and one very close friend (duh) who has kept from "going insane" as Mami put it xD

A bit cheesy(like you said), but that is a very true statement.
Haha yeah I don't think there was any other way I could have put it, well at least I don't think so :p
And thank you, I definitely think it's something a lot of us could relate to :3

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
I hate how my parents don't understand that I actually ENJOY being alone... I do have friends but I'd honesty rather spend the day locked in my room listening to music and playing games. Why would I force myself to do something I don't find fun?
You just summed up my whole life.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
Pretty much.
(or just me)
Nope, not just you. I definitely dont use this place as much as I used to, but just by reading the first couple of lines of your story, I can tell that you and I are almost exactly alike. I can comfortably socialize with people, I just hate doing it. It tires me out, and I'd much rather be sitting at my desk playing video games. The purpose of having thousands of friends never really made sense to me either :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci