• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A look at MCSG from an old player (Voxcile/OrcaM8)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I know you're entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you that the staff isn't filled with "power hungry 11-year-olds." If someone needs help from a moderator--whether it be on TeamSpeak, in-game, or forums-- you can easily poke or message one of us and we'd be happy to help. In addition, we don't cause arguments in the hubs. In the hubs, we are answering questions for people and we are dealing with rulebreakers. If you feel that a staff member is being too argumentative or rude, please come talk to them about it (or a Sr. Staff member if they were being abusive). Finally, I like to hang out with many community members on TeamSpeak and in-game. If you ever want to talk to one of us personally or in a group, don't hesitate to ask us. I, and any staff member, would be happy to do so. Once again, I am sorry you feel that way about staff :(

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Im sure what you say is true. It doesnt matter however if it isnt your fault. The way staff presents itself now is not good my friend.

Wait intill you resign and you look back just like many of us ex staff members do and realize how brainwashed we really were.

But i leave that to you to figure out :)
Being a staff member does change your perspective on the network, I do agree but I don't think I'd go as far as to say "brainwashed." All that aside I do get your point. For me, it's not about just being a minion of the network and spewing out default answers to stuff, it's really to me about giving back to the community that helped turn me from an annoying and less mature pre teen to a much more developed and experienced 15 year old. MCSG has helped me through a lot of struggles in real life and is a great way to just let off some steam. I'm also on the staff team to meet new people, join friends who were mods before me and most of which still are on the staff team, and to work on my leadership skills. From my perspective, there aren't many other things that help your public speaking and snap decision thinking than pulling people into meeting rooms and discussing their issues.

It is very frequent for ex-mods to take up different and more negative opinions on the staff team, it happens with many but it just comes as times change.

I'm here to have fun. It's a game, and I'm making the best of it while helping others along the way (how I look at it at least). So yeah c:

Reaction score
Being a staff member does change your perspective on the network, I do agree but I don't think I'd go as far as to say "brainwashed." All that aside I do get your point. For me, it's not about just being a minion of the network and spewing out default answers to stuff, it's really to me about giving back to the community that helped turn me from an annoying and less mature pre teen to a much more developed and experienced 15 year old. MCSG has helped me through a lot of struggles in real life and is a great way to just let off some steam. I'm also on the staff team to meet new people, join friends who were mods before me and most of which still are on the staff team, and to work on my leadership skills. From my perspective, there aren't many other things that help your public speaking and snap decision thinking than pulling people into meeting rooms and discussing their issues.

It is very frequent for ex-mods to take up different and more negative opinions on the staff team, it happens with many but it just comes as times change.

I'm here to have fun. It's a game, and I'm making the best of it while helping others along the way (how I look at it at least). So yeah c:
Tem?

Voxcile

Survivor
Reaction score
I know you're entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you that the staff isn't filled with "power hungry 11-year-olds." If someone needs help from a moderator--whether it be on TeamSpeak, in-game, or forums-- you can easily poke or message one of us and we'd be happy to help. In addition, we don't cause arguments in the hubs. In the hubs, we are answering questions for people and we are dealing with rulebreakers. If you feel that a staff member is being too argumentative or rude, please come talk to them about it (or a Sr. Staff member if they were being abusive). Finally, I like to hang out with many community members on TeamSpeak and in-game. If you ever want to talk to one of us personally or in a group, don't hesitate to ask us. I, and any staff member, would be happy to do so. Once again, I am sorry you feel that way about staff :(
as i said this is more of an outsiders view/oldies view. im not active at all anymore

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
as i said this is more of an outsiders view/oldies view. im not active at all anymore
Oh, okay. Also, you have to keep in mind that someone else's opinion might be biased based on their experience with staff.

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I remember talking to you on ts from time to time, back in v1. It sucks how nowadays though you can't really talk to strangers on ts because the whole ts is filled with only trolls.

I unfortunately was only staff during some of it's lower points and it was extremely difficult to be a mod, well for AU at least. The community on the Australian servers is horrendous and made staff never do their jobs. It's funny how even Sr Staff refused to moderate AU because they disliked it so much. Anyway as far as I saw there was only a select few who were power hungry within the staff, but I found that the staff had bigger problems such as inactivity. I remember being one of the two active AU mods, while the rest did nothing.

I guess mcsg as a whole is trying to improve, and it has in some parts, but I don't think it will ever be as good as it used to be :c

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
I love you Vox.

I agree entirely with this thread. These days the majority of Moderators are not as dedicated and caring about the community as they once were, there is a few individuals of the staff team that come to my mind as hard working and caring.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was a pretty old player (I joined the forums pretty late tho), and yeah, without a doubt, MCSG was a lot better than it is now. Mods aren't that good, but really, they are trying to get better, and the community, especially the clan-community, is pretty bad. Threatening to ddos someone because they won a clan war is pretty usual and a lot of people actually do it. And some people act like 3 year olds and piss someone off from an other clan, just because that person from the other clan is better than them.

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
I just miss the old days,
The days were having a chest route made you good,
The days where people were actually nice to each other (ingame),
The days where people played for fun,
The days when people were just pearni
The days where everyone explored this new gamemode and had fun with it,
The days where this felt just good playing.
I miss the old days. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci