• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A More Strict Punishment for Hackers?

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
The majority of people who play minecraft are of a young age and if we all think back to a time when we were 13 and younger a week sometimes felt like an eternity. A week is plenty of time to think over that ban and whether or not you want to risk being permanently banned off one of the biggest minecraft networks around.

Also having more staff doesn't mean that you will be able to fix more problems. I would rather see a staff that is slightly understaffed than one that has plenty of staff that are inexperienced, irresponsible and reckless. Trust me the Sr. Staff recruit people whenever they see a valid opportunity.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Quickly wanted to say while I'm reading this, the title should be "A More Strict Punishment For Hackers," rather than saying stricter.
I was going to say that! ;)

But yes I agree, a one month ban would be a worthy amount of time for a first offender. Always remember everyone should have a chance to start fresh.

Kankrot

Diamond
Reaction score
I do agree that hackers should be treated harsher, however, a lot of players have been false banned and have never been unbanned during the punishment due to insufficient evidence. Therefore, if a player is falsely accused and banned for 3 months then, it will be unfair to the player.

Edit: 1 month not 3 xD

Last edited:

TheOnlyChanse

Diamond
Reaction score
so tru if u say motterons ign is motteron he gets permabanned if u hack u get week ban lol

ImProfuse

Survivor
Reaction score
I do agree that hackers should be treated harsher, however, a lot of players have been false banned and have never been unbanned during the punishment due to insufficient evidence. Therefore, if a player is falsely accused and banned for 3 months then, it will be unfair to the player.
I said 1 month not 3...

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd like this but only if the staff wouldn't ban innocent players >.>

I killed a hacker (who was hacking in a team of 3 plat and dia donors) and uploaded the video for creeperfarts' top 5
The hacker reported me
I reported the hacker
The hacker didn't get banned yet I did... makes sense mcsg... makes sense.

Welp eventually I DID in fact get unbanned, but still ;-;

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There are two points to a temporary ban. To teach them a lesson, and to punish them. If they do not learn from that lesson, then they get a permanent-ban.
I believe that it is perfectly fine the way it is now.

ImProfuse

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd like this but only if the staff wouldn't ban innocent players >.>
I don't think that innocent players get banned often, and if they do, they can post a ban appeal but if it gets upheld, it's not hard to live 1 month without MCSG.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
We should let hackers learn from there mistakes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci