• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A much needed way to counter Chest Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You cant see when Crates open :/
So I cant know which chest is opened yet ....

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also, on the new maps and maps i don't know the best, if you change the texture it'll be harder for me to spot the chests :|

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry, but no. One of the main reasons why i don't like Hive are these crates (really lol). You can't see if someone is in that chest, you don't hear anything, and they look bad (in my opinion atleast). Also, i think there is a easy way to use chesfinder with crates or whatever. Chestfinders look for textures of chests and show their location with an arrow right? It's certainly possible to just make the program look for textures of crates or whatever.
And i don't think people with chestfinder are that much of a problem, since it's not like there are almost no chests and you really need to search...

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I don't like the crate texture :p As long as you can think of something interesting and creative, then I'm in :)

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, the people creating chest finder would just change the block to, like, sandstone finder, and also, why copy the Hive?

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am sure some "genious" dev made a similar mod for hobe already. I know it takes a second to code.

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
The thing is, we wouldn't want to do exactly that and retexture them into crates, as that would be basically copying and directly attacking the hive.

Igotsoldonebay2

Experienced
Reaction score
I think this is an amazing idea but instead off crate have like a care package or something. I'm a cod player so this would be awesome.

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
I'm with Darlo on this one, doing exactly what another server is doing would get us hate, even if its a good idea. If there was any way to take this idea and spin it off as our own, modify it in a way that would make this {not better but} our own, so no one could say "oh you stole this from {insert name here}! We want to stay original and our own and not be called a copy-cat community.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is just a thing hive came up first with. We cant copy them, we habe to come up with something better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci