• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Suggestion for the Map Adding Process

What do you think of this idea?

• This is a very good idea.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • I like the way the process already is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like your suggestion or the current process. (Post suggestion in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tpemrickjr

Platinum
Reaction score
During the past few months MCSG has added some really great maps and some not so great maps. The biggest factors for choosing a MCSG map should be the looks AND the PvP. I feel that a lot of the maps that have been added are being added solely for their looks and not as much their PvP aspects. With all due respect to the map committee I feel that only them choosing the maps isn't really that fair, I feel that they are mostly builders which means that the PvP aspects of a map may be ignored. I think that the process for adding a map should be by a community vote or a trial. Choosing maps would be a lot for sufficient if the map committee put together a list of submitted maps and let the community vote on the ones that they think will be the best. Next, the top voted maps could be put onto a test server to test the gameplay on the map and then we will know if the map(s) is/are truly ment for MCSG. This would be a lot for sufficient and I feel that MCSG would have a lot of really good maps instead of only a few really good maps and then a bunch of mediocre ones. Thank you for reading.

Examples of maps that look good building wise and are great for PvP.
-Credit to techaton for "showing" me these by using them for clan wars.
- Zone85
- Alaskan Village

EDIT: Added examples

Last edited:

Linkdude1997

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed. Whenever a map is added, it's generally because it looks really nice, even though the pvp on it is awful. The community needs to be a lot more involved in choosing maps.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I guess it's kinda of a good idea, but can you give some examples on what maps you claim are mediocre in PVP aspects?

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I posted something like this a few weeks back. The community could vote, and during one weekend they could have all the highest voting maps on test servers- like the PMC servers back in the summer. At the end of the weekend, the could broadcast a poll having players rank or vote for their favorite maps. The top 3 or 4 would be added! :)

Zado

Platinum
Reaction score
I posted something like this a few weeks back. The community could vote, and during one weekend they could have all the highest voting maps on test servers- like the PMC servers back in the summer. At the end of the weekend, the could broadcast a poll having players rank or vote for their favorite maps. The top 3 or 4 would be added! :)
THIS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci