• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide A TeamSpeak Guide - Covering TeamSpeak

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
*Note: Please note this guide is mainly for the MC Gamer TeamSpeak but can also be helpful for other TeamSpeaks
*Note: If you think that I should add something or I messed something up please say something.. And please don't be rude about it.

Setting Up TeamSpeak

Alright, setting up TeamSpeak is simple! But if you're struggling here's a step - by - step tutorial.

1) Click on 'Settings' up the top of your TeamSpeak Window or at the top of the whole screen.

2) Click Setup Wizard

3) Just click next...

4) Type in your desired username, preferably your in game name

5) Choose 'Voice Activation' or 'Push - To - Talk ' (PTT). Voice activation activates your microphone when you speak. But if you have loud background noise or noisy siblings then maybe you should get push to talk or Microphone Mute toggle. To choose a Push - To - Talk activation key just click on the box that says 'No Key Assigned' or something like that and press a key. If you want multiple keys hold them down and then when you have all your desired keys let go and it will be marked. To use PTT when talking to other users just hold down the key/s that you chose and talk.

6) If you want to test your microphone, go ahead and click begin test. Just to let you know, you don't need a microphone to use TeamSpeak. You can just use Text Chat or Poking.

7) To make a toggle button to mute your speaker, just click on the box that says 'No Key Assigned' and then choose your desired key/s.

8) Next is just choosing a voice pack. You can choose the male or female. There's no difference between them, only that the male has a manly deep voice.

9) Un-tick 'Open Public Server List' and 'Rent Your Own TeamSpeak Server' and click 'Finish'.

Introduction

Yes, yes, I know, there's a lot of guides on TeamSpeak but I have no idea how good they are or what they cover... And I don't want to go through them all and I'm sure no one else does either so I'm just going to add on and on as much as I can, so here it is... A Guide for TeamSpeak!

Alright, this part is for beginners but it's good to read anyway to learn something you might not of known!
Here are the basic icons for the MC Gamer and TeamSpeak in general.

Icons

The Muted Icon

That's the muted icon, depending on where it is depends on the type of mute.
If the icon is in front of the players name, like this:

It means they muted them self. When you mute yourself you can un-mute yourself. When you do mute yourself no one else can hear what your saying on the TeamSpeak. When you self mute your microphone by muting the actual microphone on your headset it won't say it on the TeamSpeak but it should still mute you so no one can hear you.
You can also be muted like this:

This means you have been muted by a staff member or you're in a Moderated channel which I will get to a bit later in the guide.
Usually when you have your microphone muted and you try to talk you should hear a short noise like a 'ding' and a little window will pop up on your TeamSpeak window warning you that you are talking while your microphone is muted. It should give you the option to disable this on that little sub window. If you would like to mute your microphone here's a little guide.
Click this icon on the top of your TeamSpeak screen to disable your microphone, click it again to activate it.

As you can see on this picture there are more icons to the left and right. To the right of the 'Mute' icon there's an icon of a cross and a speaker thing. That is to mute your sound. When you mute your sound you can't hear what anyone is saying to you and it automatically mutes you so when you disable sound no one will be able to hear you. To the left of the mute icon theres a microphone with a 'tick' in front of it. That is to activate your microphone when it has been disable, no, not when it has been muted. You click the mute icon to un-mute your microphone. I'll get to the activate microphone part later. To the left of the 'activate microphone' icon there's a top half of a human figure with a clock in front of it. That's the 'away' or 'AFK' (AFK means 'Away from keyboard') icon. When you click that, that icon will appear in front of your name like any other icon you click (Mute sound, mute microphone, disabled / activated microphone, away / AFK). When you press that icon your microphone is automatically muted but you can still hear the other people in the channel you are in.

Poking and Text Chat
Next we have the 'type text' and 'poking'. When you poke someone it will send them a message and give them an alert, same with when someone pokes you, you'll get an alert. The alert will sound like this "Hey, wake up!". It will pop up in a sub-window with the message someone poked you and who poked you.
This is how you poke someone...

Right click on the user's name and then this menu will pop up:

Once this menu pops up, click the option 'Poke Client' which I have circled with a rectangle in red. Once you have clicked that this will come up:

You type your message into the box highlighted blue on there and then click 'OK' and it will send.

Now sending a text chat is a bit different. You can type up to 1020 characters to a user or in a channel. The messages sent to a user are private. But they can copy paste your messages. To send a text chat to a player, do this:

And then a chat will open at the bottom in a tab next to the channel chat and you can chat. When you receive a message you will here a really tiny 'ding'.

Permissions and Ranks
Now, permissions. Permissions give you access to different channels and commands. I'll go through most of the ranks.

Guest Rank

*That is the Guest rank icon
The guest rank is the rank you get when you first join. You have access to channels under the 'Lobby' channel which is the channel you join when you join the TeamSpeak. The channels that you shouldn't join when you join the TeamSpeak are the private channels unless they say you can join. You can still join because they don't have passwords but most channel owners and current clients prefer not to have strangers in there unless they're asked by another user from that channel.

Iron Donor

*That is the Iron Donor rank icon
Iron Donor is given when a player donates on the website for 'Iron Sponsor'. You will not automatically get it on the TeamSpeak when you buy it. You need to poke a Moderator. Iron Sponsor has access to the 'Premium Chats' which are located just above the lobby and has the same permissions as 'Guest'. You get a Iron name and 2 votes for a map!

Gold Donor

*That is the Gold Donor rank icon
Gold Donor is given when a player donates on the website for 'Gold Sponsor'. You will not automatically get when you purchase it you will need to poke a moderator for it. Gold Donor has the same permissions as Iron and Guest. Don't think it's just a waste of money, the perks are better in-game. You get a Gold name and 3 votes for a map!

Diamond Donor

*That is the Diamond Donor rank icon
Diamond Donor is given when a player donates on the website for 'Diamond Sponsor'. You will not automatically get when you purchase it you will need to poke a moderator for it. Diamond Donor has the same permissions as Iron, Gold and Guest. Don't think it's just a waste of money, the perks are better in-game. You get a Gold name and 4 votes for a map!

Waiting Rank

Waiting Rank is the rank given to a player when they have been accepted for a staff interview. When you get accepted for interview, you can poke a Moderator for your waiting rank. They'll give it to you. When you get waiting rank you will be able to enter the waiting room. When the Sr Mods and Admins are ready to interview you, they'll take you into another room and interview you. This may take a while.

*That is the icon for Moderator

Moderator is a rank you can go to for help. They're helpful and they should reply to your response. When you poke make sure they're not in the staff AFK area. It's also good to poke the ones that have 'Poke if Needed' next to their name because they are more likely to be available. They will probably reply to you quicker. Moderators have access to give you your donor on the TeamSpeak. They also Moderate channels on the TeamSpeak. Meaning, no swearing in the TeamSpeak, no racism all the TeamSpeak rules. You will be given warnings and such. They help keep the TeamSpeak un-spammed and okay.

Sr. Moderator

*That is the icon for Sr. Moderator
The Sr. Mods are used for more serious situations. They do staff interviews and such. They can be a preferable secondary choice if no Moderators are available or are all AFK or are just not answering. I don't know too much about what the Sr. Moderators do so I'm not going to say too much because I don't want anything to be false.

Administrator

*This is the icon for Administrator

I don't really know anything about Admins so I don't want to say much. But they are really preferably not to be poked unless it's for a good reason. They are just about the highest rank and they have a lot of power. Once again, I won't continue because I don't want to say anything false.

Developer

That's the Developer icon.
Developers make MCSG what it is. The developers are very experienced with Java and are un-pokable by the player. They are usually busy with plugins and fixing bugs so unless it's more urgent than having to pee really badly on a 6 hour drive then I guess it's still not that necessary to message them but they'll probably get someone else with knowledge on the problem on the case. Once again, I don't know a lot about Devs so I don't want to say much.

Please appreciate all the icons from Moderator - Developer on this thread, I couldn't actually find any online so I had to make them myself and they aren't full on correct but they'll able to resemble. I even had to do the colours myself.

Muting People
Now, I'll be moving onto dealing with annoying players but not bad enough to bother a Moderator.
Right, so you might be getting annoyed by a TeamSpeak user, they may be getting a little bit on your nerves? no need to worry! You can locally mute them and even block them. When you mute them locally they can still hear you but you can't hear them! They don't even know they've been muted by you unless your or someone else tells them! That's great! You don't need to deal with annoying players. How do you do it you may ask? It's simple!

Just right click on their name, it will come up with options on a drop down menu, click on the one I put a box around that says 'Mute Client'. It will mute them for you but not anyone else. They have to do it themselves.

Joining a Channel

Joining a channel is super simple. All you need to do is double-click on a channel name and then it'll join you in! You can only join the channels you're able to access though.

Connecting to a Server

1) Click connections on top of the window on screen

2) Click 'Connect'

3) Type in the IP in the box that says ' Server Address', MC Gamer's IP is: 198.15.70.250:20033. Then click connect.

Fixes

'Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded.
'
Just go through your 'Setup Wizard' and that should fix it. If there's another way let me know<33

Last edited:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You forgot a couple ranks, like friend, VIP, and waiting. Otherwise, great job!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci