• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A way to make mods more useful in removing spambots

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Ok as many members of the community will know we quite often get hit by spambots on the forums. Only Sr. Mods and up have the ability to spamclean them from the forums and moderators feel helpless against them as deleting prevents the person being spamcleaned correctly.

As some people will know there is a staff section which only staff can see, well perhaps a section could be created for all spambot messages to be moved to by members of staff who do not have the power to spamclean. It wouldn't mess up the forums as staff would be the only ones who could see it and if it was placed at the bottom of the forums it would be both more aesthetically pleasing for those that could see it and convenient as most spambots seem to target the off topic section.

Opinions from everyone would be useful especially from moderators and Sr. Staff :)

Dave might like to see this too as he deals with the forum issues

Last edited:

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
You sir, stated what I wish someone did.

know I realize why spambot threads arent able to be taken care of fast..

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
This already exists doesn't it? At least when I was a mod, the directive was to move them to the Moved Discussions section, where they cold then be spam cleaned.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
You sir, stated what I wish someone did.

know I realize why spambot threads arent able to be taken care of fast..
yep as ex sr staff I know the process well however no matter how active I was on the forums some would be left around for a while, sometimes a couple of hours.

This already exists doesn't it? At least when I was a mod, the directive was to move them to the Moved Discussions section, where they cold then be spam cleaned.
This was stopped as any new messages in the staff section would be missed due to spambots being shown as the most recent thread.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We have a spam cleaner of sorts. The best thing you guys can do now is to report the spam as soon as you see it. So the senior staff can take care of it and the spam accounts.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
We have a spam cleaner of sorts. The best thing you guys can do now is to report the spam as soon as you see it. So the senior staff can take care of it and the spam accounts.
I know this and I made this clear in my post. The issue that quite a number of moderators have is they feel like they can't do anything to stop the community from seeing the spam messages. What I am proposing is a section that only staff can see where spam messages can be moved to temporarily.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know this and I made this clear in my post. The issue that quite a number of moderators have is they feel like they can't do anything to stop the community from seeing the spam messages. What I am proposing is a section that only staff can see where spam messages can be moved to temporarily.
We have a place to move them and a way to hide them without moving them, just a problem of not many of the mods being on the forums or not knowing how to hide or where to move it.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
We have a place to move them and a way to hide them without moving them, just a problem of not many of the mods being on the forums or not knowing how to hide or where to move it.
You have a place to move them currently however it is hated due to it hiding current staff threads and the way you hide them is by hiding them from public view which stops them being spamcleaned correctly. This is why I made this thread as I wanted to forward an idea that would deal with these issues

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
I think I saw this on MCTF2 when I served my time there... I never saw a spam thread there :x

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I want this idea so bad, since I'm on the forums so much. However, I understand if it's not implemented. If it isn't implemented, I'll continue reporting all spambot threads with the phrase "Spambooty."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci