• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Year In Review (My MCGamer Story)

Chandelle

Career
Reaction score
A year (and 2 days) ago I became a staff member here at MCGamer so, to celebrate that I want to briefly explain how I got here and the people who have been with me along the way.

Joining the Community
In June of 2013, I bought the account FantasticTardis and began to play on MCSG. I played games casually and didn’t really know the community that well for a while, until my friend Stephanie and I began to play together in Skype calls. We were really bad, but it was a lot of fun. In July, we found out about the MCSG teamspeak and we wanted to meet some new people so we joined and started talking to people. We made friends with a group of people and we hung out and played SG with them nearly everyday until around the end of August. Nearly all of those people are no longer in the community unfortunately, though some are still around such as Haydn. In the beginning of September, we met Michael, MK, Levi, Haley, and everyone. They quickly became really good friends of mine, we spent a lot of time together and got to know each other quite a bit. I spent most of my time in channels with them playing various games and laughing at everything. It was around this time that I made the choice to apply for mod. For a while, I had thought about applying for mod but I didn’t think I would until I spent some time thinking about it and deciding that I really wanted to help out the community since I had grown to love it so much.

Becoming a Moderator
I applied for staff on October 9th and received my waiting rank on October 14th. On October 15th, I was in a channel playing Slender with a few people and Joshkey came down to tell me it was time to do my interview. I kind of freaked out a bit, I was really nervous but I felt okay because I knew a few of the people in my interview. After my interview, I was accepted and I was really excited to be a part of the staff team. After about a month or so of being a moderator, I had gotten the hang of things with the guidance of a couple of my mod friends and I was really enjoying my time as a staff member. I spent a lot of my time moderating and hanging out with other moderators and new friends I’d made since being hired. Around the end of December, the MCGamer Survival server opened, and this is when I became much closer with a new group of people such as Shelby, Dave, Rusty, Kit, and everyone who was in our faction. This was a really great point in my time as a staff member, we had a lot of fun and came to be a pretty close group of friends. Survival closed in February, but I continued to become closer friends with the people I had met through it. After that, I switched my mod rank over to ChandelleMC from FantasticTardis. My reasoning for this was mainly because it was easier for people to remember my name, also because I was constantly asked "what's a Tardis?". For the rest of February and March, I spent more time moderating and enjoying the community.

Promotion to Sr. Mod
On April 5th, I was promoted to trial Sr. Mod along with Jimmer, Lively, and Sean. Two weeks into my trial, Shelby joined the trial group as well. The four weeks of my trial went by really quickly and before I knew it, it was time to receive the result that I had passed. I was thrilled to have passed my trial and become a full Sr. Mod. It is now 5 months since I passed my trial and over time, I’ve met some new people and become close to some new people as well.

A Year in Review
This past year has been an interesting one. It's had it's ups and downs, I've had some good times and bad, definitely a lot of laughs. This community has brought me together with a lot of great people who have become like family to me. Helping out the servers and the community has been such an amazing experience and I'm so glad that I've been able to spend the time I have here. It's been a great year, here's to another.

Thank you to:

ChadTheDJ - Without you, this community wouldn't exist and I never would have met all these amazing people and had all these great times, so really the biggest thanks goes to you. Thank you for creating and maintaining such a great community. I'm so glad to have found it.

xstephaniemmx - Goes without saying, you’re my best friend. We found this community together and I’m so glad we did. Thanks for always being there for me :)

MKFarrell - One of the best friends I have had. You have been with me through everything. I have known you for the longest in this community and you will always be really important to me. We always have the best laughs and you can always cheer me up when I'm feeling down. Besties since day one, I don’t know where I’d be without you. Thank you so much for being so amazing.

Jodimo - You are someone that I met only a few months ago, but you are one of the greatest friends I could ask for. We always have a lot of fun and I know that I can trust you with anything. Your high pitched cackle gives me life every day. I’m so proud of you and how far you’ve come in this community and I’m so glad to be able to call you one of my best friends.

KitMencha - We have been friends for a pretty long time, but more recently you have become a really close friend. You’re someone I know I can trust completely, and you are always there for me. Thank you so much for that, always remember to give your 100.

LadyOfLove - Also someone I have known for a pretty long time; you are such a great person and an inspiration to me. I know that I can talk to you about anything and you are so understanding and helpful. You are amazing at what you do for this community, and you are an even more amazing friend. Stay awesome, love you girl.

Rusty - Although things change, you are still one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met and I’m so glad that I’ve gotten to spend the time that I have with you. You got me through a lot; not only in this community, but in general. To be honest I doubt I’d still be here if it weren’t for you. Thank you for everything.

Dave - We got off to a bit of a rough start, but over time you have become one of my closest friends. There’s been a lot we’ve had to get through, but I’m glad to know you’re always there. Thank you for being such a good friend.

KellieBreanne - Kind of like I did with Dave, I also got off to a bit of a rough start with you. You have since become a really good friend, which I’m glad about. You are a great person and always fun to talk to. Thanks for being awesome.

kjh567 - Kyleee! I haven’t known you for very long, but you have become one of my best friends. You are awesome and we always have interesting conversations. Also you watch all the same shows as me so we can fangirl together. Yayyy.

TotalDramaTony - I have known you for quite some time now and you have become a really good friend. I know I can always talk to you about anything. Thanks for always being there and making me laugh.

_Accuity_ - David! You are one of the funniest people I’ve met. You can literally always make me laugh, no matter what kind of mood I’m in. You are an awesome person and a great friend. Thank you for always making me laugh.

_AquaTechMC_ - Michael, we have been through a lot. I started out as staff with you and we got through the staff together, even up to getting promoted together (well, me directly after you). Things have changed a lot, but I am still so thankful for all the things you helped me with and all the fun times we’ve had. My experience here wouldn’t have been the same without you. Thank you for that.

There are so many more people I could mention specifically, but this may go on forever so I’ll just list some other people who have made my time here amazing:

CAmadeusA, Adragonfire9, Lemonz87, Equalitee, Echo/Haydn, Ava, ErinEquinox, Sheldor, levi_the_potato, Krypton, Jay | Ohjayx, JacksonReaction, Frazzli185, Cubes, Scott, KRaidium, Bowser52000, Razzledgirl, JimmerHD, DracoHD, kpwn243, iVelocityGaming, AlpakaWhacker, Cartoonhero, xStatiq, Froggytv, duckluv321, Kelsey7978, DiamondGirl2017, SammyMariee, PeriLH_, soggypickle

I've likely forgotten some people, sorry if I did but just a general thank you to everyone I've met and spent time with here. It has been a great year :)

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Good job Chandelle on 1 year! You've helped out the community so much, and the whole community thanks you for it. Here's to 2 years! :)

MKFarrell

Platinum
Reaction score
Aww <33 Chandelle, honestly, you are my best friend and we have been through everything together. From the highest of the highs to the lowest of the lows, we made it through everything. It's been an incredible journey and I can't wait to continue the laughs and good times! You will always be my partner in crime and my #WatermelonTwin and my #BBBunny. :)

-MK

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
ILYSM BOO! Keep up the great work <3 Heres to another great year!

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thank goodness it isn't a resignation letter! The community is glad to have you, ChandelleMC. And we are glad to keep you around as a great staff member of the community! <3

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
MAH GURL GROWS UP SO FAST ;-; I cant stop crying, and I love you to death gurl! I literally love you and everyone so much, baes 4 life <333333

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Nawww, I will remember to give my 100, La Tasha <3.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Thank you for being an outstanding staff member this past year, keep up the amazing work. Whatever you do, don't forget about the blogs. xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci