• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Abandon ship! AU moving datacenter soon.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So we discovered that AU issues was with the actual datacenter connection itself and we are currently looking for a new permanent home by next weekend hopefully. We are sorry on how long it took to realize it wasn't our system causing this, just we wanted to make sure we ruled out everything before blaming the datacenter. This post will update with some new test servers with our new location so you can help us test the quality of gameplay.

The hosting company was nice enough to give us a tester and we will be opening the first 3 AU servers to check it out. So AU1 to AU3 will soon be the new server and we want to get your opinions if it's better or worse for the connection. We will alert you once this has been changed over but may not happen until tomorrow.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm Batman

Good Hosting companies would be Ausfrag or AU cubedhost, check them out.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AU cubedhost
We are actually contacting the same company CubedHost uses as we heard good things from them. Haven't heard of Ausfrag but we will add them on our list to check out. Just odd that this datacenter we use is the same one other large communities use like MineZ. I guess they been having the same issues as us as well for connection issues.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
We are actually contacting the same company CubedHost uses as we heard good things from them. Haven't heard of Ausfrag but we will add them on our list to check out.
Suggested Ausfrag before, a popular Australian PvP server called Oresomecraft uses them, you can get pretty good deals there. Regardless, they have good support and are reletively cheap. Whenever MCSG starts lagging I go there and it's fine, so that might be a good factor to consider.

Also, you've been doing great work, when I made a complaint about AU you and the devs acted really quickly, thanks Chad, cheers to Chad. Keep up the good work. xP

wertea

Platinum
Reaction score
We are actually contacting the same company CubedHost uses as we heard good things from them. Haven't heard of Ausfrag but we will add them on our list to check out. Just odd that this datacenter we use is the same one other large communities use like MineZ. I guess they been having the same issues as us as well for connection issues.
That is actually quite true MineZ has constant (hourly) crashes and to prevent anything worse they restart the servers every 24 hours.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wait so, are the test servers up now or not until tomorrow?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci