• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Abandoned Theme Park by AGTV

johansws

Tribute
Reaction score
Dmacreye should update the server to the latest snapshot for coloured stairs

rckjones

Spectator
Reaction score
Glad to hear someone's developing an abandoned theme park - I actually kicked around this idea a bit, but don't really have the time or inclination to do the building. Are you guys taking suggestions? If so, here are some things that I thought of:

- Cornucopia could be at the center of the park where the park's giant mascot is (perhaps a creeper with clown-face makeup holding balloons). Another idea would be to put it underneath an enormous big top-style tent, with regular openings on all sides so as not to favor one player over another.

- "Tunnel of Love" (redstone machine) - a sewer-like tunnel ride underneath the park, which could include a puzzle that you must cooperate with another player to unlock. For example, perhaps the reward at the end of the tunnel only unlocks if two people stand on opposite pressure plates, which activates a piston wall. Would be interesting for teams or for people willing to make temporary peace

- the Midway - the section of an amusement part with hot dog stands, cotton candy, and booths with games designed to rip you off.

- Archery Game (redstone machine) - on the midway, among the booths of broken games, have a game where you shoot paintings off a wall in the gallery to trigger pressure plates, resulting in a reward (dispenser shoots you a prize) or perhaps a punishment (exploding TnT trap). Of course, it would only work for players who acquired a fishing pole or a bow/arrow

- Most theme parks have several quick rides to take you from one side of the park to the other, which would be interesting in Survival Games since in the current maps you can't really travel quickly. For this, perhaps you could have a working rollercoaster in addition to the broken down one. Or, you could install a monorail track that runs between the four corners of the map, which would be risky but rewarding to walk along.

- Water rides - you can make use of Minecraft water physics to have twisty log rides that go into secret areas

- Some theme parks include an educational aspect, like animal habitats. You could have a wilderness portion dug into open pits with walkways surrounding them as "lion habitats" or such. They would be good places for chests because you'd have to rush into the center while exposed to other players (similar to the cornucopia)

However you end up designing it, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Best of luck.

Awopcxet

Experienced
Reaction score
Glad to hear someone's developing an abandoned theme park - I actually kicked around this idea a bit, but don't really have the time or inclination to do the building. Are you guys taking suggestions? If so, here are some things that I thought of:

- Cornucopia could be at the center of the park where the park's giant mascot is (perhaps a creeper with clown-face makeup holding balloons). Another idea would be to put it underneath an enormous big top-style tent, with regular openings on all sides so as not to favor one player over another.

- "Tunnel of Love" (redstone machine) - a sewer-like tunnel ride underneath the park, which could include a puzzle that you must cooperate with another player to unlock. For example, perhaps the reward at the end of the tunnel only unlocks if two people stand on opposite pressure plates, which activates a piston wall. Would be interesting for teams or for people willing to make temporary peace

- the Midway - the section of an amusement part with hot dog stands, cotton candy, and booths with games designed to rip you off.

- Archery Game (redstone machine) - on the midway, among the booths of broken games, have a game where you shoot paintings off a wall in the gallery to trigger pressure plates, resulting in a reward (dispenser shoots you a prize) or perhaps a punishment (exploding TnT trap). Of course, it would only work for players who acquired a fishing pole or a bow/arrow

- Most theme parks have several quick rides to take you from one side of the park to the other, which would be interesting in Survival Games since in the current maps you can't really travel quickly. For this, perhaps you could have a working rollercoaster in addition to the broken down one. Or, you could install a monorail track that runs between the four corners of the map, which would be risky but rewarding to walk along.

- Water rides - you can make use of Minecraft water physics to have twisty log rides that go into secret areas

- Some theme parks include an educational aspect, like animal habitats. You could have a wilderness portion dug into open pits with walkways surrounding them as "lion habitats" or such. They would be good places for chests because you'd have to rush into the center while exposed to other players (similar to the cornucopia)

However you end up designing it, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Best of luck.
1: corn is already designed, it's a teacup thingy
2: we could make a tunnel of love, i will se what we can do :D
3: we have designed such stands
4: a Archery game would always be fun would be fun :D
5: that would be a nice unique aspect, thanks
6: under design
7: i say maybe on this one
thanks for the ideas :D

Joe Carson

Survivor
Reaction score

I'm glad to see people both excited by the the map and making suggestions. More like this please

johansws

Tribute
Reaction score
Joe, can you send me some drop box pictures of the structures that is on the server over Skype ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci