• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About Spectaters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You can steal their experience. But is it a big deal? How often do you actually make it to the one enchantment table in the entire map? Most people never enchant their weapons which is the only thing experience is used for.

BowlOSoup

Experienced
Reaction score
All of these are very small reasons to change the rules
1. The mobs can't be changed that's Minecraft as said above
2. I don't think that is real... You can't interfere with players while spectating
3. You don't need experience orbs anyway there are no enchantment tables on any maps.

Being a spectator is often boring because of the lack of things to do. Its better than being kicked every time you die which is how the system works on most other Survival Games servers...

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
3. You don't need experience orbs anyway there are no enchantment tables on any maps.
That's not true. I know for sure there is one on the first map, because I've been there. And, people tell me that they've been to one on the second map.

BowlOSoup

Experienced
Reaction score
That's not true. I know for sure there is one on the first map, because I've been there. And, people tell me that they've been to one on the second map.
Oh sorry I guess I was misinformed.

i_Z

Spectator
Reaction score
Spectators can also block arrows btw.
The experience orbs isn't that big of a deal since there is only one enchantment table that I know of and it's on map 1 and usually nobody goes there because it's far too risky to go there since it's hard to reach (lava jumping puzzles involving pistons)

As for pushing mobs around I would agree with the "luring spiders and endermen" part of dead players affecting mobs but pushing zombies or skeletons around isn't worth it because they are everywhere at night anyways and they will die in daylight. unless someone is trapped that's a good use of pushing mobs around trust me everyone loves it when trapped people get kidded by mobs who were pushed there by a few dead players.

They cannot however push you off a building, they can scare you (because they are visible for a split second) but even then you can't push someone. Trust me I tried with someone who was trapped on the side of a building where the only choices were death by fall damage or waiting untill the end of the game. He did not hold shift and I could not push him off the building no matter how many times I switched between the 3 people who were still alive.

Matrayo

Spectator
Reaction score
Spectators can also block arrows btw.
The experience orbs isn't that big of a deal since there is only one enchantment table that I know of and it's on map 1 and usually nobody goes there because it's far too risky to go there since it's hard to reach (lava jumping puzzles involving pistons)

As for pushing mobs around I would agree with the "luring spiders and endermen" part of dead players affecting mobs but pushing zombies or skeletons around isn't worth it because they are everywhere at night anyways and they will die in daylight. unless someone is trapped that's a good use of pushing mobs around trust me everyone loves it when trapped people get kidded by mobs who were pushed there by a few dead players.

They cannot however push you off a building, they can scare you (because they are visible for a split second) but even then you can't push someone. Trust me I tried with someone who was trapped on the side of a building where the only choices were death by fall damage or waiting untill the end of the game. He did not hold shift and I could not push him off the building no matter how many times I switched between the 3 people who were still alive.
after further testing i have concluded that it is way more rare that i had thought, however i still have seen it happen and have done it to someone. I even somehow glitched someone inside of a staircase where he was stuck till the end of the game.

Rabbidfan236

Tribute
Reaction score
No Matrayo, spectators cannot push tributes or move them in any way. I myself have even tried. You're seeing people fall themselves and blaming it on yourself. How many times do we have to tell you this until you understand?

dkramer

Spectator
Reaction score
For spectators "luring" mobs, a quick listener needs to be added to the plugin:

Code:
@EventHandler
public void onEntityTarget(EntityTargetEvent e){
    Entity target = e.getTarget();
    if(target instanceof Player){
        Player p = (Player) target;
        //if (*CODE TO CHECK IF PLAYER IS A SPECTATOR*){
            e.setCancelled(true);
        //}
    }
}
nothing too crazy

Matrayo

Spectator
Reaction score
No Matrayo, spectators cannot push tributes or move them in any way. I myself have even tried. You're seeing people fall themselves and blaming it on yourself. How many times do we have to tell you this until you understand?
say what you will or get mad at me i'm only stating what i saw and i know what i saw friend

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
It really is impossible to push them, whether going up vines, standing at the edge of tthe cliff, its the tributes fault, not the spectators

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
it isnt really that much of a problem

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think blocking arrows is the worst but its kinda funny when you are a spec :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.