• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About sponsoring

Do you approve?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Nu

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • You can sponsor??

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
So when you sponsor someone it says : You have been sponsored by [name] Remember to thank them!

So what I'm suggesting is to make it so that you can write a message to the person you sponsor like :"Good luck" or "Ily" or anything that they want. Just so the person who gets sponsored knows what u want to say to them.

One way I can think of doing this is by bringing up the anvil GUI after choosing what to sponsor and in the GUI you can type your message into the bar thing.

Second way is via command so instead of just /sponsor [name] it would be /sponsor [name] [message]

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
This feature has been suggested multiple times in multiple forms, but they are all kind of the same.
I think the idea is good, as long as there is a character limit.

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
This feature has been suggested multiple times in multiple forms, but they are all kind of the same.
I think the idea is good, as long as there is a character limit.
Maybe have pre-written out lines and have them numbered? So like 1. Good luck 2. Have fun 3. GG? Or maybe just have it be random instead of just seeing you've been sponsored by ... remember to thank them and it would say you've been sponsored by ... they wish you luck! Or something like that.

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
Well; Typically when I get sponsored I begin to break down into tears, then question if there is a God in this dirty... Dirty world.... So ya, you could say I am a fan of Sponsoring.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The problem is that people would be rude to their killer.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Already suggested (by me)

Anyway's, I have mixed feelings. There can be some offensive language, but why help the player, while putting yourself in danger?

Reaction score
People might tell others what's happening or where someone is such as coordinates of an easy kill...

Redjosepie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This has been asked for multiple times..

I think maybe only have a few like.. Good luck surviving! Or something like that so you can't abuse/send them harassment.

Also maybe make it add on a few points like 20-100.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
The only problem that I can anticipate would be people typing things along the lines of, "/sponsor GotCubes Hey! Lively is trying to sneak up on you!"

I don't know for sure, but it seems just a bit unfair. I like the idea of pre-written messages, but I think they would need to avoid being so general. :)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
As I believe was stated above, this would be a good idea, if it had a character limit - In other words, a limit to how long the [Message] can be.
Something like "GG" or "GF" isn't long - two characters. "<3" is two, "</3" is three, ":D" is two, ":c" is two. Maybe 5 max? "Behind" is six, "front" is 5 (But they're facing that way anyways) "left" and "right" would fit inside it, but really what point is there?

Also, perhaps limit the amount of messages they can send - They can still sponsor the entire menu, but only send one message?
Or have it only as a donor perk?
Or maybe the message(s) cost X amount of extra points per letter/character?

This can help people get in one last word, such as "GG" to the person they fought. It could be used as a sort of way to say "No hard feelings, that was a fun fight."

Also, the pre-set list would be a good idea, but might be a bit annoying to find out all the message codes (Unless it was in a book? Idk.)

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
This is been suggested several times, not just with sponsoring, but with the actual ability for spectators to interact with players. The one issue that always prevents this from happening is potential abuse. Even with a character limit, they'll find a way to squeeze in their insult. We want the community and its players to not feel harassed every time they kill someone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci