• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Adblock Discussion

Do you use Adblock?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ennobay

Diamond
Reaction score
So recently tonnes of ads have popped up all over Google Chrome (for me) where they where not before. So I deleted all my Extensions but they still appear. So I looked it up and the main response I found was: "GET ADBLOCK!!!". There where other ones involving clearing your cookies (and some crazy stuff) but I do not want to do that because then all the presets (Passwords/Usernames etc...) will be cleared. So I got Adblock and it got rid of all the ads, great! The only thing is all YouTube ads are gone, you may think this awesome but, I myself have enabled ads on my videos and I find it pretty unethical to have ads on my videos but disable them on my browser. So my question is: Is there any other ad blocking software that will get rid of the ads that aren't part of the Website?

This is also a general thread on AdBlock.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
You can set which websites adblock should not block ads. Just click the icon and then click "Don't run on this website".

Ennobay

Diamond
Reaction score
You can set which websites adblock should not block ads. Just click the icon and then click "Don't run on this website".
The thing is; There are non YouTube ads on YouTube, that weren't there before?

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
The thing is; There are non YouTube ads on YouTube, that weren't there before?
Sounds like you've got third party software installed that adds in extra ads, look through your extentions and delete the ones you don't know

Last edited:

Domelo

Spectator
Reaction score
I think you should choose adblock - adguard (http://adguard.com/en/welcome.html) which is an ad blocking software that workss much better than adblock and adblock plus. This will surely help you solve your problems as it did for me. Good luck!

JohnKramarevskiy

Spectator
Reaction score
You could just reset adblock to allow all adds, and then block certain advertisements as they appear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci