• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Adding 1.8 Food Items to Chests

MahoganyCrafter

Survivor
Reaction score
In the 1.8 update, Mojang added quite a bit of food items to the game, such as raw/cooked rabbit leg, raw/cooked mutton, rabbit stew, etc. A few months ago, the MCGamer Network made their servers 1.8 exclusive, giving the option for maps to have 1.8 features and blocks. With this update, I personally think it would be an excellent idea to add the 1.8 food items to the chests in Survival Games.

My idea is simple, along with the various other objects which you may find in chests, these 1.8 food items could be added to them. This would add things such as raw rabbit legs to Tier 1 chests, cooked mutton to Tier 2 chests, and so on.

ThaLichBD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
yeah they should add that food the chests im with you nice opinion.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hopefully they remove bowls and cookies if they add these. They're hardly realistic for a game based off Hunger Games.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hopefully they remove bowls and cookies if they add these. They're hardly realistic for a game based off Hunger Games.
Bowls on the contrary are highly realistic to the survival aspect as they make you search for mushrooms to make your own food. Albeit they didn't really have actual bowls in the Hunger Games but the concept is the same.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It might be kinda interesting to see beef or pork sometimes replaced by rabbit or mutton in chests, but since they really don't do anything new I wouldn't say it's a really needed thing. If there was some spare time to put it in that could be cool.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Bowls on the contrary are highly realistic to the survival aspect as they make you search for mushrooms to make your own food. Albeit they didn't really have actual bowls in the Hunger Games but the concept is the same.
On the old maps, they were realistic, but now, I don't feel like there's need for them. 80% of the maps on MCGamer don't have mushrooms anyway, and you can still get bowls via mushroom stew if you really wanted them. It probably won't change, but I hope future tiering won't allow a tier 1 to have nothing but a bowl in it. xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci