• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Adding in a /report command

Do you think some sort of /report should be added?

• Total voters

R0WAN

Career
Reaction score
I am posting this thread right after dying from hackers 3 games in a row. I then rage quit and played some Overcast network and noticed their cool /report feature. Although mods are a good way to get rid of hackers. Hackers can simply do /list to see if there is a mod and if there is they one they can leave or turn their hacks off. Lots of players do record hackers and send it in to try and get them banned, but a lot of people (myself included) are to lazy to do it, and/or don't have a good PC to record with.
If a /report feature was added it would lead to a lot more bans. I am not 100 percent sure on how it works on the Overcast network but I think it some how contacts a mod and then they come check it out. Because it is impossible to see mods log in a hacker would be found out. Although their version has a auto ban for when 50 (I don't know the real number, just guessing) people /report one thing, I don't think that should be put in due to the fact good players get accused of hacking by noobs a lot.
I hope my crappy writing skills don't make people hate against it. Post your ideas and thoughts below and make sure to vote so others and me can see the feed back. Thanks for your time <3

(Edited) Thanks for all the feed back, I now realize it would simply be to hard on the mods.
But I have been thinking what if after someone has been reported a specific amount of times in a day they would have something in front of their name that only mods would notice and if a mod got into a lobby with someone like that they could spec them and see if they are hacking. And maybe if they are /reported a whole lot ( in one day so people that play a lot and are good don't have this happening a lot) of times then something would alert the mods. Just an idea.

R0WAN

Career
Reaction score
Its made to alert mods, and if a mod abuses it then.. well.. umm.. they are stupid

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Good idea, could be abuse though.
It would cause an awful lot of alerts to be sent to mods, because people think that others are hackers just because they got killed with good stuff :p
But it is still a good idea

R0WAN

Career
Reaction score
Good idea, could be abuse though.
It would cause an awful lot of alerts to be sent to mods, because people think that others are hackers just because they got killed with good stuff :p
But it is still a good idea
That is a good point, may be to hard on the staff, hmm...

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
It has been discussed at length in the staff, but generally we come to the conclusion that it would be used far too commonly by people who get killed by a person so cry "hacker".

We've came up with possible alternatives for the future, one such giving mods "notifications" on the website when a player uses /report, which a staff member can claim and check out. That's just one of the many ideas we've played around with, but at this stage it probably won't be implemented any time soon.

I'd also like to point out that mods only appear on the /list if they want to. They have the ability to be completely incognito if they so wish.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That is a good point, may be to hard on the staff, hmm...
It would be useful, but nowadays there are just too many players online, the mods would be overwhelmed with report alerts :p
It would have been great, back when I started playing last April, because there were less players.
Again, not trying to say its a bad idea, just that it likely Wouldn't work in MCSG's current situation :3

R0WAN

Career
Reaction score
It has been discussed at length in the staff, but generally we come to the conclusion that it would be used far too commonly by people who get killed by a person so cry "hacker".

We've came up with possible alternatives for the future, one such giving mods "notifications" on the website when a player uses /report, which a staff member can claim and check out. That's just one of the many ideas we've played around with, but at this stage it probably won't be implemented any time soon.

I'd also like to point out that mods only appear on the /list if they want to. They have the ability to be completely incognito if they so wish.
Okay, thanks I was unaware of this, although I still think it should be given a try and if its to hard on the staff then taken off the servers. Although you guys know more then me so its up to you

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like Leo said, yes it has been discussed. The way we've discussed this and what I've heard from this idea, it seems really good, an alternate way to moderate.

Also, if there's a hacker, then they dont have to bother to log on TS and poke a mod, or even download TS make a profile then log and and poke a mod, that process would be completely removed, which is nice, for more efficiency for the common player.

R0WAN

Career
Reaction score
Like Leo said, yes it has been discussed. The way we've discussed this and what I've heard from this idea, it seems really good, an alternate way to moderate.

Also, if there's a hacker, then they dont have to bother to log on TS and poke a mod, or even download TS make a profile then log and and poke a mod, that process would be completely removed, which is nice, for more efficiency for the common player.
The TS idea brings up a good point, but a lot of people are just lazy, and typing /report is not super hard, but I do agree with you, just people are lazy

D

DJMaestro12

I've thought about it, and I was thinking of suggesting it myself. Then I remembered another server who used this got DDoS'd through /report command spamming. And that was accidental. Everyone who was reporting didn't mean to crash the server. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci