• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Admitting to Hacking in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
May I refer you to this thread, here?
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/the-situation-on-admitting-to-hacks.143675/

Keep in mind, what I write is my opinion.

I do not think that admitting to hacks should be a 7-day ban. It's incredibly harsh for those who don't mean it, but at the same time there should be some type of punishment, as there is still a risk of the person actually being a hacker.

Here's an example of a situation in which it was unfair:
I was livestreaming yesterday, and one of my viewers walked in front of me in the Lobby and said, "Hey look Mooclan, I'm hacking!", and then he started spinning his head around (Imitating derp hacks.)
I've known him for quite a while, and he's been in numerous streams - I know that he doesn't hack.
And yet, I had to screenshot his admittance to using hacks, and he got banned for seven days after I sent it to a Moderator pal.
He tuned in to my stream today, and we spoke for a while.. :( He's banned for another five days from his favorite server, all because he was joking around on stream for laughs.
Cruel reality, I suppose.

However, here's an example of a situation in which it was fair:
Back in early 2013, I had a friend named LtxeXx who used Nodus, along with MasonBulldog19. At the time, I wasn't as rule-abiding as I am now, so I was hesitant to report him. However, one day he was trying to /whisper to me, and since it was a pretty large conversation he eventually missed the "/" in front of "/w (message)", so he said out loud in chat something along the lines of, "lolol these nubs cant fight me when i turn on ff." Luckily, there was a Moderator who had been fighting him for an extended time, so he got banned. c:

There have been numerous arguments already presented on this matter, so instead of restating what has been said numerous times, I'd like to offer my own preferred method of solving this.
Shorter ban times, and varying degrees.

The maximum ban length for a first-offense of admitting to hacks would be 3 days. This is if there is something that includes a specific type of hack, decent grammar, and is not openly sarcastic or joking.
Example: "I'm using fly hacks"
Example: "Yeah I have aimbot but ssh dont tell anyone"

A 1-day (24 hour) ban would be issued for admitting to hacks in a clearly joking manner.
Example: "yh m8 im totes h4x1ng"
Example: "w0w yah obvs i have ff"
This would be classified as using "Leet-Speak", purposefully poor grammar, and blatant sarcasm.

A 1-hour ban would be given as a warning to someone who replies to a hack-usation in a joking way, such as:
Example:
- Player 1: Wow [P2] hacks so bad
- Player 2: yeah.. totallllllyyyy...
This would serve as a strong warning to the player.
Note* if this comes out aggressive, please do excuse me for that.

If that were the case, then hackers would become smarter in a way where they can use sarcasm to "Joke" so they wouldn't get banned as long.

The rule about them admitting to hax whether they are joking or not is punishable.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Note* if this comes out aggressive, please do excuse me for that.

If that were the case, then hackers would become smarter in a way where they can use sarcasm to "Joke" so they wouldn't get banned as long.

The rule about them admitting to hax whether they are joking or not is punishable.
Or, they could just not admit to hacking... If they know the details of the rule and don't want to get banned, then they simply wouldn't say anything about hacking.

o_O

Fancypants6000

Survivor
Reaction score
Whether you have read the rules or not, that is your choice, the rule still applies. It clearly states that saying that you hack, even jokingly, is bannable. I think the majority of the people whom agree do so because you are a MCG icon, and they enjoy watching your channel. But that was just immature of you Huahwi. I respect you, I watch you, but this was your own mistake.

Reaction score
Whether you have read the rules or not, that is your choice, the rule still applies. It clearly states that saying that you hack, even jokingly, is bannable. I think the majority of the people whom agree do so because you are a MCG icon, and they enjoy watching your channel. But that was just immature of you Huahwi. I respect you, I watch you, but this was your own mistake.
You do realize, there have been many threads about this, one of which is jonnysurvives's...and just because Huahwi made it, it doesn't really matter. It's a dumb idea to give an instant 7 day ban, instead of going to spectate the guy to see if he's actually hacking..

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
I was saying if a guy was being obviously sarcastic about hacking, and didn't get banned as long, then actual hackers would use that tactic and not get banned as long if no one got evidence
That doesn't make any sense lol. If a hacker did read the rules (which is probably not the case), why would he even say he is hacking in the first place?

ImProfuse

Survivor
Reaction score
I was saying if a guy was being obviously sarcastic about hacking, and didn't get banned as long, then actual hackers would use that tactic and not get banned as long if no one got evidence
But if no one got evidence why would they admit to hacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci