• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Advice to "Up and coming players"

MCOnThePCAndrew

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello!
So as some of you know I don't play mcsg anymore because well, the game is stale. But this isn't a thread about PvP advice because that's boring....But this is an important piece of advice to players who are starting to play more often.
Before you read on here is a summary if you're an older player and don't want to read:
Real life is more important then this game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so since I started minecraft I've spent 250 dollars on this game......
I'm sadly not even kidding. I just crunched the numbers and cringed a little.
If you're a new player who is starting to play more STOP right there. If you're going to buy a donor stop and think if you really want to. First piece of advice if you're going to buy a rank. Don't.
So my reasoning for that is: The odds of you playing this game for 2+ years isn't very good. Also you can buy like 25 large pizzas with that.....
Ok so before you keep reading don't get the wrong idea. I love MCSG but don't put too much time into it.
Also don't not hang out with your friends and others because you want to play MCSG. I've done it before and I wish I hadn't. So don't put your internet friends above real life friends because real life is far more important
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow I thought I had more to say about this but it's pretty basic. So yeah don't spend to much time or money on this game.
-Andrew

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'd say that somebody should get a feel for our network before making any monetary committments, I waited about four months myself before buying donor first. Then I bought it again, and again, and again, and before I knew it I'd wasted my money on platinum (lol) and got mod shortly after. I don't think there's anything wrong with buying donor, just make sure you know it's what you want to do. Buy iron/gold first and see if the perks are worth it to you and if you think you're going to play here for a while, then go for diamond/platinum! People who buy it usually tend to stick around on MCG for at least a year and get a solid money's worth out of their investment.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
And then chad sees this and deletes the part about not buying a rank so they get more money :3

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
And then chad sees this and deletes the part about not buying a rank so they get more money :3
Chad is not that person. Your assumption is based on general businesses. Please don't make assumptions like that, or you will be punished accordingly.

There are a few things I agree to and a few things I am against:

1. Do not take MCSG over IRL friends: Now, I do not do it. I know people who do, but it is people's opinion on what they want to do. For 1 month I used to do it. Used to. I see your point.
  2. I'd say that somebody should get a feel for our network before making any monetary committments, I waited about four months myself before buying donor first. Then I bought it again, and again, and again, and before I knew it I'd wasted my money on platinum (lol) and got mod shortly after. I don't think there's anything wrong with buying donor, just make sure you know it's what you want to do. Buy iron/gold first and see if the perks are worth it to you and if you think you're going to play here for a while, then go for diamond/platinum! People who buy it usually tend to stick around on MCG for at least a year and get a solid money's worth out of their investment.
    What Ceroria said here summed up what I wanted to say. Most people see the network, there is not a person who would buy donor instantly as soon as he joins.

N

Nikola

Wasting money on donation? It's called "donation" for a reason... Nobody's forced to donate, I know people do it for the rank nowadays, and that's really stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
Chad is not that person. Your assumption is based on general businesses. Please don't make assumptions like that, or you will be punished accordingly.

There are a few things I agree to and a few things I am against:

1. Do not take MCSG over IRL friends: Now, I do not do it. I know people who do, but it is people's opinion on what they want to do. For 1 month I used to do it. Used to. I see your point.

2. What Ceroria said here summed up what I wanted to say. Most people see the network, there is not a person who would buy donor instantly as soon as he joins.
I was doing it jokingly. I know this server doesn't do that

MCOnThePCAndrew

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd say that somebody should get a feel for our network before making any monetary committments, I waited about four months myself before buying donor first. Then I bought it again, and again, and again, and before I knew it I'd wasted my money on platinum (lol) and got mod shortly after. I don't think there's anything wrong with buying donor, just make sure you know it's what you want to do. Buy iron/gold first and see if the perks are worth it to you and if you think you're going to play here for a while, then go for diamond/platinum! People who buy it usually tend to stick around on MCG for at least a year and get a solid money's worth out of their investment.
What a meant was don't drain all your money into the game. Or buy platinum when you can buy diamond and get basically the same stuff.
As a new player, I sincerely thank you for this post.
Now lets buy 25 large pizzass! :D:D
Haha xD
Wasting money on donation? It's called "donation" for a reason... Nobody's forced to donate, I know people do it for the rank nowadays, and that's really stupid.
It's a suggestion. Calm yourself....

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I played mcsg for well over a year before I bought donor! But it's really worth it, I've had diamond donor since December 2013 and I'd definitely say I got my moneys worth. However don't just donate straight away, play for a few months and see if you are reallllly gonna stick around for a while. My brother bought diamond donor the same time as me, but quit ingame about 2 months later...
Also, I agree with what you're saying about mc not taking over your life.. but it still can be enjoyed c:

MCOnThePCAndrew

Diamond
Reaction score
I played mcsg for well over a year before I bought donor! But it's really worth it, I've had diamond donor since December 2013 and I'd definitely say I got my moneys worth. However don't just donate straight away, play for a few months and see if you are reallllly gonna stick around for a while. My brother bought diamond donor the same time as me, but quit ingame about 2 months later...
Also, I agree with what you're saying about mc not taking over your life.. but it still can be enjoyed c:
The only reason I played as long as I did was because I felt like I'd be wasting money if I didn't :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci