• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(Almost) One Year Anniversary: Coming Out

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score

Hello everyone!

Over the past couple of weeks I have been fairly inactive with my weekly threads due to the fact that my finals are fastly approaching. However, due to the enormous amount of 'Coming Out' threads, I would like to post this thread in celebration of my (almost) one year anniversary of coming out, and in congratulation to those who have recently came out, by retelling my 'Coming Out' story as inspiration for others to find the courage in discovering who they truly are as a person. With that being said, h
ere is my 'Coming Out' story.

*Please keep in mind that this was written the day I came out.*

To the World,

Today, while on the plane home from California, a trip in which I knew would change my life forever, I wrote to you a story. Now, this story isn't one of those 'I hope you feel bad for me' stories. This story is just my story.

Around eight months ago, I met a group of amazing and supportive friends on a popular and addictive game called MineCraft. Their names are Nicole Fiorentino, Mariah McClure, Brittney Madson, and Hannah Mattsson. With endless Skype calls, many deaths in-game, and extreme distances between us, we still managed to grow stronger and stronger as a group of friends.

As time passed, we decided we wanted to meet each other. California was the perfect place for it. So this past week, I went to California to exchange laughs, cries, and amazing memories at this fancy event called VidCon. I also met a lot of other friends too!

One of my main goals, while in California, was to take a picture of Britney Spears' star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Searching and searching through the streets for her star, I pass by a group of teenagers displaying both a message of hate on one side of a poster, and one of love on the other.

There was this one in particular, however. It was very truthful, and heartwarming, but sad at the same time. At the time, I thought nothing of it as I was determined to get a picture of the star. When I took the picture, however, I decided I would go back and hug the guy holding that poster, and tell him everything would be alright. But within ten seconds of being there, I started crying. Many years of pain just flushed out my eyes. I ran to my friend Nicole, and gave her a giant hug, and thanked her for all her support over the past eight months. That same guy I was going to hug, instead came to me and hugged me. His name was John.

For the next two hours or so, John and I talked about our life struggles. Then it was time to go. Before I left, he asked me if he could take a picture to remember that night, so I let him, and I even did the same. He then asked if I had Facebook and I told him I did. So he gave me his phone and told me to add myself, so I did.

John

What I am basically trying to say is that this trip did nothing but give me the strength and self-confidence I needed. The strength to say that I am gay, and the self-confidence to be myself and not care about the haters.

As this story finishes, I would like to thank you and for those suffering or going through the same thing, no matter what the world says, you are kind. You are smart. You are important. You are beautiful. You are perfect. But most importantly, you are YOU. I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out, but it is because of my amazing internet friends, John from Hollywood, and all those amazing pride awareness YouTubers that I met in California that I am able to share this story. My story.

Back - Left to Right - Name: IGN:
Brittney: Buttney, Marina: ZombifiedMind, Cedrick: HeWhoMustEatCake, Shania: Shanaynay_Bruh, Amit: IAmAmitBar, Alek: Blood_Zelos, Nicole: NicoleFioren
Front - Left to Right - Name: IGN:

Hannah: HannahMattsson, Me: Equalitee & BritneySpears

I got this tattoo as a thank you to everyone that has helped me find my way.
The dates represent the first day I was in California to the last day I was in California, which is also the day I came out; Saturday, June 28, 2014.

To finish off this thread, I would like to congratulate all that have been able to find themselves and the courage to come out. It is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. I am so proud of you all!

Lots of love and support!
<3

Regards,

Equalitee | Christopher.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The bit about John really touched me. It's heartwarming and insane to see how people can connect so quickly.

Clocks

Experienced
Reaction score
Oh my god, I missed out! Chris why didn't anyone tell me. I could've been down there with you guys.

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your support! <3 :)
Oh my god, I missed out! Chris why didn't anyone tell me. I could've been down there with you guys.
Awe ;-; I am going again this year! :)

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Hello everyone!

Over the past couple of weeks I have been fairly inactive with my weekly threads due to the fact that my finals are fastly approaching. However, due to the enormous amount of 'Coming Out' threads, I would like to post this thread in celebration of my (almost) one year anniversary of coming out, and in congratulation to those who have recently came out, by retelling my 'Coming Out' story as inspiration for others to find the courage in discovering who they truly are as a person. With that being said, h
ere is my 'Coming Out' story.

*Please keep in mind that this was written the day I came out.*

To the World,

Today, while on the plane home from California, a trip in which I knew would change my life forever, I wrote to you a story. Now, this story isn't one of those 'I hope you feel bad for me' stories. This story is just my story.

Around eight months ago, I met a group of amazing and supportive friends on a popular and addictive game called MineCraft. Their names are Nicole Fiorentino, Mariah McClure, Brittney Madson, and Hannah Mattsson. With endless Skype calls, many deaths in-game, and extreme distances between us, we still managed to grow stronger and stronger as a group of friends.

As time passed, we decided we wanted to meet each other. California was the perfect place for it. So this past week, I went to California to exchange laughs, cries, and amazing memories at this fancy event called VidCon. I also met a lot of other friends too!

One of my main goals, while in California, was to take a picture of Britney Spears' star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Searching and searching through the streets for her star, I pass by a group of teenagers displaying both a message of hate on one side of a poster, and one of love on the other.

There was this one in particular, however. It was very truthful, and heartwarming, but sad at the same time. At the time, I thought nothing of it as I was determined to get a picture of the star. When I took the picture, however, I decided I would go back and hug the guy holding that poster, and tell him everything would be alright. But within ten seconds of being there, I started crying. Many years of pain just flushed out my eyes. I ran to my friend Nicole, and gave her a giant hug, and thanked her for all her support over the past eight months. That same guy I was going to hug, instead came to me and hugged me. His name was John.

For the next two hours or so, John and I talked about our life struggles. Then it was time to go. Before I left, he asked me if he could take a picture to remember that night, so I let him, and I even did the same. He then asked if I had Facebook and I told him I did. So he gave me his phone and told me to add myself, so I did.

John

What I am basically trying to say is that this trip did nothing but give me the strength and self-confidence I needed. The strength to say that I am gay, and the self-confidence to be myself and not care about the haters.

As this story finishes, I would like to thank you and for those suffering or going through the same thing, no matter what the world says, you are kind. You are smart. You are important. You are beautiful. You are perfect. But most importantly, you are YOU. I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out, but it is because of my amazing internet friends, John from Hollywood, and all those amazing pride awareness YouTubers that I met in California that I am able to share this story. My story.

Back - Left to Right - Name: IGN:
Brittney: Buttney, Marina: ZombifiedMind, Cedrick: HeWhoMustEatCake, Shania: Shanaynay_Bruh, Amit: IAmAmitBar, Alek: Blood_Zelos, Nicole: NicoleFioren
Front - Left to Right - Name: IGN:

Hannah: HannahMattsson, Me: Equalitee & BritneySpears

I got this tattoo as a thank you to everyone that has helped me find my way.
The dates represent the first day I was in California to the last day I was in California, which is also the day I came out; Saturday, June 28, 2014.

To finish off this thread, I would like to congratulate all that have been able to find themselves and the courage to come out. It is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. I am so proud of you all!

Lots of love and support!
<3

Regards,

Equalitee | Christopher.

Congrats :3

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Chris I always thought you were a amazing person when I went on the teamspeak to talk to you guys. Congrats and we all love you for the person you are not for anything else c:.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci