• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Alpine map WIP

thavleifrim

Spectator
Reaction score
This is an alpine map for 24 players centred around a large mountain, the cornucopia is inside the mountain, a twisting network of caves takes the players around the inside of the mountain and out into the surrounding wilderness. this amp is still at quite an early stage (about 5 hours in) but this is what i have so far, enjoy.

A jumping puzzle which offers an enchanting table as a reward.

the cornucopia from a starting podium.
looking down into the cornucopia pit.

the peak of the mountain, (well worth the climb ;) ) yes there is a lot of empty space in this picture, please remember this is a very early WIP .

Not yet implemented plans:
-a snowed under cabin on the side of the mountain
-a trap which causes the mountain to erupt and lava to poor down the sides
-an ice lake with a secret temple at the bottom, that can only be accessed when the volcano erupts and the lava melts the ice

Please feel free to leave feedback and suggestions, I will read and consider it all.

thavleifrim

Spectator
Reaction score
No thanks, I'm using world edit so it's coming alone quite quickly, if you have any idea's or feedback on the other hand it would be greatly appreciated.

thavleifrim

Spectator
Reaction score

this is the first pass of the full mountain, i need to add more caves and intend to add a cabin, maybe some trees near the base as well.

thavleifrim

Spectator
Reaction score
Update for 4/06/12

Starting to detail the mountain with a frozen lake, and the beginning of a small town can be seen in the background (just a single house but for reasons i won't spoil needed to be build before the frozen lake)

A pressure pad puzzle, one wrong step and it's game over.

I am hoping the lack of feedback means you guys like what im doing, but please if you have any feedback negative or positive leave it here, also I may make an open build day in a week or two to get progress moving a little faster.

Simey

Career
Reaction score
How big are you going to make this map?

thavleifrim

Spectator
Reaction score
its 500 across the centre at the moment, if I need more room I can always make it bigger, but i figured it was easier to start small and go bigger than start big and shrink it.

plonize

Survivor
Reaction score
This looks really good. I think you should work on making the trees surrounding the mountain more dense though. I think it should be similar to the forrest around the second maps cornucopia.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How do you get out of the corn? The picture shows no openings. Also, the lava under the ground might make the corn too bright for mobs to spawn

Agent Nos

Spectator
Reaction score
When tripwires are formally released then you could use them to activate some traps. Also, you could put them in chests with redstone and stuff for tributes to make traps!

thavleifrim

Spectator
Reaction score
the corn will have caves out, they just aren't all there yet, the lava is there to stop mobs spawning during the initial 60 seconds and killing players before the game starts, if you have another idea for how to do that i would be happy to consider it, perhaps using red stone lamps in the floor and turning them off at some point, I will look into it.

as for tripwires i have heard nothing about this, however the server plugin manages what is available in the chests so can't promise they will be in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci