• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Am I _Tate?

Snipez

Gold
Reaction score
Hello!

Today I have been getting called Tate/_Tate alot.
And to simply ask this question that answer is a simple no.

I don't understand why people believe I am him, is it because we share the same name (Yes my name is Tate I haven't really told anyone my name, because I know this would happen, told one person boom, thinks I am _Tate) . I don't actually know.

This is like a big game of Chinese whispers I tell someone my name is Tate, they tell someone else then that person assumes I am _Tate.

It boggles my mind how people could spread a rumor so stupid!

Here are examples of what I see everyday this isn't it, I got this in about the period of 1 day.

P.S: I will not be playing for a while, but I will be active on the forums.

Quote about assuming;
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” - Isaac Asimov.

Jetsify

Platinum
Reaction score
"It boggles my mind how people could spread a rumor so stupid!"

I know how this feels dude. Assumption can ruin a persons reputation for something they've never done, it's disgusting. But that's just what people do, and if you can't beat them, ignore it as best as you can man, this happened to me recently.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've actually had a similar experience like this before. A friend of mine introduced me to this new server, and as I came in, a few people were going frantic. "Oh my goodness, is that miner!?1/"
I was quite perplexed, thinking I was famous all of a sudden, even though that's never gonna happen. xP
But my friend then told me of this incident that happened the day before I joined, and they had a similar name. Miner---- and all that.
He was known to spam and going crazy in chat, and was later banned.
It turned out people thought I came back like some psychopath, or maybe a louder version of Jason Vorhees coming in to the future and making another terrible sequel, so I can terrorize the community again.
Eventually, after loads of time trying to convince them, they had eventually accepted me as a new player, and not the other Miner. And then got a warm welcome. c:
Well, that shows how nice of a welcome and introduction you can get when you look like a supposed mass criminal in a community, but oh well! :p

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score

I know how this feels dude. Assumption can ruin a persons reputation for something they've never done, it's disgusting. But that's just what people do, and if you can't beat them, ignore it as best as you can man, this happened to me recently.
i cri everytiem

Reactions: Wyz

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
i cri everytiem
I actually shed a tear of blood through my bunny :)
On a way more serious note: Lol ur tate who tf is that oh whatever XDddddd!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Snipez

Gold
Reaction score

I know where you are coming from, you told me the story of lezzbehonest, it is quite similar to mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci