• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An actual response to maps being declined?

You think a message should be sent out to inform map creators weather their map is accepted/declined

• Total voters

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
ATM there is no way of knowing if your map has been accepted or declined. There's tons of great maps that weren't added in the latest update, does that mean they're declined? Or just coming out later? See, you guys leave us very confused when it comes to maps. You guys should take 30 minutes every saturday, and just look through the maps submitted that week, maybe go back over ones you passed last week, and take a second glance. BUT here's the big thing I want! A message saying ''Sorry, you're map will not be added onto our McGamer servers, because it does not match the standard map quality'' OR maybe ''Congratulations! Your map has been accepted into the McGamer servers! It will be uploaded to the servers in the next map wave! Congratz!'' All you guys have to do is spend 10 minutes copy/pasting this message to the map creators, and I am fairly sure this will make them much happier than a silent decline. Okay, thoughts?

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
No, some of the maps took a year to be added, if it took them a year to be added I doubt they can make a decision in under 30 minutes, and 30 is for all of the maps they have to look over.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
When a map is accepted, admins will contact the map makers directly. Until then, assume it's not going to be added. There are simply too many maps frequently submitted for there to be a personal response on each.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
When a map is accepted, admins will contact the map makers directly. Until then, assume it's not going to be added. There are simply too many maps frequently submitted for there to be a personal response on each.
You reply too each mod app, I'm sure there's is time to say something you have copy pasted on a word doc to these guys.

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
You reply too each mod app, I'm sure there's is time to say something you have copy pasted on a word doc to these guys.
Yes, but I'm sure doubling the work for them going through mod applications AND going through maps won't be easy. There's already enough work to do! But it's a good idea though!

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
The point is that it's not necessarily our top priority. Mod apps require it, as the information is only shared between the staff, and the applicant.

Reaction score
This seems like the sort of thing the Map Committee should be handling anyway.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
Reviewing a map requires hours of analysis for every single map. One would also not be able to review them by themselves, like with mod apps, making this process highly unstable based on personal schedules. It's not feasible and there really isn't much to gain from doing it.

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Reviewing a map requires hours of analysis for every single map. One would also not be able to review them by themselves, like with mod apps, making this process highly unstable based on personal schedules. It's not feasible and there really isn't much to gain from doing it.
You guys disscuss about each map anyway, why not just send them a quick PM with a copy/paste message?
The point is that it's not necessarily our top priority. Mod apps require it, as the information is only shared between the staff, and the applicant.
I really think maps whould be high priority, it honestly more important than having 300 mods IMO.
Yes, but I'm sure doubling the work for them going through mod applications AND going through maps won't be easy. There's already enough work to do! But it's a good idea though!
I think mods could take 30 seconds to reply to something that took people months to create.

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
You guys disscuss about each map anyway, why not just send them a quick PM with a copy/paste message?

I really think maps whould be high priority, it honestly more important than having 300 mods IMO.

I think mods could take 30 seconds to reply to something that took people months to create.
30 seconds to quickly CHOOSE what the MCGamer network WANTS!? They need to go through comments and stuff too to see if the MCGamer network likes them. Then before they can decide they need to look at the other maps of the so many maps made. There's a lot.

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
30 seconds to quickly CHOOSE what the MCGamer network WANTS!? They need to go through comments and stuff too to see if the MCGamer network likes them. Then before they can decide they need to look at the other maps of the so many maps made. There's a lot.
...didn't say that... I am well aware that there is plenty of time it takes to judge the map, but you guys do that with all maps anyway right? (if not, that's screwed up) So why not take 30 second to send a PM message to the people! I'm saying you guys already do all the hard stuff, why not just send a quick PM?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci