• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An evaluation method

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
The following post and thread will largely consist of personal methods and opinions to give a moderate rating for some highly regarded players.

Here is how the questionably accurate but highly interesting and fun system will work. (Semi-accurate in conveying my personal opinion on any rated user) More than anything, this is for fun. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are six definitive categories: Sword, Bow, FnS, Fishing Rod, Movement, and Dexterity.

Sword: As the name suggests, the sword category is a scribed quantification of one's ability to actively use any melee weapon.

Bow: One's ability to execute competently accurate and powerful shots against an enemy.

FnS: The ability for one to precisely and intelligently ignite fire, using flint and steel, on a certain block which, in turn, gives the user an advantage in an immediate or future situation.

Fishing Rod: Defining the ability for one to effectively and efficiently use the ranged deployment of the bobber and hook to inflict knockback on an enemy, causing the enemy to be at a disadvantage in combat.

Movement: One's ability to exercise great agility and haste while moving throughout the environment. Includes running, jumping, parkour, dodging, and evading.

Dexterity: A rating of how precise and meticulously a tribute is able to perform various tasks including hotbar management, inventory organization, crafting, and switching between tools in combat.

Each category is out of ten possible points.
Each category is listed in order of importance. As such, each category will receive its own respective multiplier.

Sword will have a 3x point multiplier
Bow-2.5x
FnS-2x
Fishing Rod-2x
Movement-1.5x
Dexterity-1x

For demonstration, we will be rating a user by the name of "Player 1"

Player one is quite competent with the sword, so we will give him a very solid 8.5.
Likewise, he is also decent with the bow, so we'll assign him an 8.
Unlike the sword and bow, he finds himself having trouble effectively placing FnS, so he will get a lousy 5.
His average ability to use the fishing rod lands him at a 7
Player 1 is extremely good at running and going through parkour challenges. His movement is highly unparalleled. As such, he will get an outstanding 9.5.
Unfortunately, he isn't the greatest at quick crafting and finds himself taking too long when organizing his inventory. Because of this, he will get a 6.

Now that we have base values for each of the categories, we will apply the respective multipliers to each category.

8.5*3=25.5
8*2.5=20
5*2=10
7*2=14
9.5*1.5=14.25
6*1=6

Now to total the weighted scores:
25.5+20+10+14+14.25+6=89.75.

Player one's total score balances out at 89.75 out of a maximum 120.

I'll post back here after I have rated a few members who I feel I know well enough to rate.
Any feedback on what to add in, remove, or change is greatly appreciated, assuming it is done so in a respectful way.

Last edited:

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I want to see how good a lot of the big players are with FnS, my only enemy.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Sword: 6.5
Bow: 9.5 Iametal
Fns: 8
rod: 6
Running: 7.5
Agility: 7

6.5*3 = 19.5
9.5*2.5 = 23.75
8*2 = 16
6*2 = 12
7.5*1.5 = 11.25
7*1 = 7
============= Total
89.5/120

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Are you supposed to rate yourself? Because I think the best way to judge your skill is through eyes of someone else.
I'm rating you then:

Sword: 8
Bow: 8.5
Fns: 9.5
rod: 8
running: 7.5
agility: 7.5

8*3 = 24
8.5*2.5 = 21.25
9.5*2 = 19
8*2= 16
7.5*1.5= 11.25
7.5*1= 7.5
============total
82.52/120

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Are you supposed to rate yourself? Because I think the best way to judge your skill is through eyes of someone else.
You are supposed to do anything you want with the method.

I personally like to view the opinions of many. That being said, go ahead and rate whoever you feel you know well enough to do so.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
So it's an extreme evaluation method on what other people think of how good you're?

If so: darkai202

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci