• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An idea for kit "Gear" that came to mind...

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
As of right now, with kit "Gear," (the default kit.) you are given an infinity bow and an arrow, essentially having unlimited arrows. Because of this, it's not hard to just sit back and endlessly fire your bow at somebody who's distracted until someone else comes to stop you. This has been the cause of many frustrating deaths, where several people are shooting randomly into battles I'm involved in from random angles, causing me or my opponent to die. Sometimes, they get the kill for it, and they put themselves in no danger whatsoever to do it.

However, to combat this, it has come to my mind that obviously, giving them a limited number of arrows would make it hard to live for long periods of time. Once you run out, you're on your own with your sword for a while...

Instead, I'd like to see it so when a player with kit Gear kills another player, their arrows are reset to a certain number, for example, 10. That is, they aren't given 10, but their current amount, whatever it may be, is reset to 10. This would make firing random bow shots hoping they'll hit someone less common, and deter people from ruining others battles with no risk to themselves, while also preventing one player from becoming too powerful or too weak from lack of or too many arrows. One could argue just not to get involved in these battles where you're getting shot from several angles like that, but honestly, provided the map we have and the way the game is meant to be, that's just impractical and pushing the game in the wrong direction. The last thing we need is map wide bow stalemates. If anybody is to be given a bow and a ridiculous amount of arrows, it should be part of an archer kit.

Of course, though, this is all assuming kit Gear isn't a completely temporary placeholder kit until more are added. Just an idea really.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, its was so funny having an infinity 1 bow. I would be "Katniss" and never miss a shot and kill a lot of my opponents >.<

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I would want this to happened but wouldn't the arrows create more lag since there will be more entities in the arena
They wouldn't be dropped onto you, just placed staight in your inventory (like doing /clear mlpoknzaba arrows then /give mlpoknzaba 10 arrows, or however it works)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
As of right now, with kit "Gear," (the default kit.) you are given an infinity bow and an arrow, essentially having unlimited arrows. Because of this, it's not hard to just sit back and endlessly fire your bow at somebody who's distracted until someone else comes to stop you. This has been the cause of many frustrating deaths, where several people are shooting randomly into battles I'm involved in from random angles, causing me or my opponent to die. Sometimes, they get the kill for it, and they put themselves in no danger whatsoever to do it.

However, to combat this, it has come to my mind that obviously, giving them a limited number of arrows would make it hard to live for long periods of time. Once you run out, you're on your own with your sword for a while...

Instead, I'd like to see it so when a player with kit Gear kills another player, their arrows are reset to a certain number, for example, 10. That is, they aren't given 10, but their current amount, whatever it may be, is reset to 10. This would make firing random bow shots hoping they'll hit someone less common, and deter people from ruining others battles with no risk to themselves, while also preventing one player from becoming too powerful or too weak from lack of or too many arrows. One could argue just not to get involved in these battles where you're getting shot from several angles like that, but honestly, provided the map we have and the way the game is meant to be, that's just impractical and pushing the game in the wrong direction. The last thing we need is map wide bow stalemates. If anybody is to be given a bow and a ridiculous amount of arrows, it should be part of an archer kit.

Of course, though, this is all assuming kit Gear isn't a completely temporary placeholder kit until more are added. Just an idea really.
At first I was like, what? Then how would you get a big kill streak if you have a limited amount of arrows. And, then I saw the get a refill for each kill part, and I clicked the like button on your post. :) Oh, and having a partial regen to your health wouldn't be a bad idea either. That way you don't always get killed by a "cherry picker" - someone who lets you fight a player, and then goes in for the easy kill once you have low health.

Reaction score
I am the only one who doesn't like the idea XD.
I like to have infinity bows. I have NEVER been killed while 1v1-ing from people with bows. I don't know about the others , but I like to have infinity bows...
EDIT: I just saw they removed the infinity bows.. I just rage quitted for some minutes and went to play BLR...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci