• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Annoying ads since some days ago

Reaction score
(copy pasted from /r/chrome)

So I formatted my PC some weeks ago and it's been working perfectly, but some days ago (3-4 days ago) I opened my PC and chrome and I got on the Elsword forums and some other local websites and I kept getting the same kind of ads, even though I have Adblock enabled: 1. Video popups (not even new windows, just stuck in the same tab) 2. Tradeexchange and Aliexpress tabs opening whenever I pressed left click on something.

and sometimes when I open a game like CS:GO and League (that have Flash and Internet Explorer-like links, I don't know how to explain it exactly) I might get a pop-up like this or an ad (I know it's not related to Chrome but I was hoping someone could help me on this one too). I've resetted my Chrome settings, deleted history/cookies and reset Internet Explorer settings, but it still seems there must be something. I checked in Control Panel all the listen programs I have in my computer and did a Chrome Cleanup and Avast check but nothing.

Also these ads have started popping up on other devices too that I or my relatives use. It's happening on my 5 months old Lenovo K3 Note, my dad's JUST BOUGHT Lenovo K3 Note, my mom's old gt-s7500, my dad's VAIO laptop and as I said previously, my newly formatted PC. This also happens on other browsers on these devices too (Chrome, Mozilla, Adblocker Browser for android).

This is really starting to piss me off because my phone is useless right now. When I go to open a site like my local cinema's daily program I get redirected to 10 other ad sites and then I just end up using my computer. I don't know if this has anything to do with this problem, but all of these things are happening on the same WiFi network.

I hope someone can help me and also sorry for my below decent English.

FLAMEdex

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't believe this has anything to do with your web browsers but an issue with your router or DNS, as you say it is occurring on the same wifi network on all your devices.

My advice would be to change your wifi password and/or name as it might have something to do with some malware locked onto your connection, see this thread for a few more tips: https://goo.gl/5Gvkfd
If all else fails, contact your ISP for better guidance.

Please update me whether this helped you or not, thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't believe this has anything to do with your web browsers but an issue with your router or DNS, as you say it is occurring on the same wifi network on all your devices.

My advice would be to change your wifi password and/or name as it might have something to do with some malware locked onto your connection, see this thread for a few more tips: https://goo.gl/5Gvkfd
If all else fails, contact your ISP for better guidance.

Please update me whether this helped you or not, thanks
Changed WiFi password and name but I don't think it matters as my main computer is connected with an ethernet cable and still has problems.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
(copy pasted from /r/chrome)

So I formatted my PC some weeks ago and it's been working perfectly, but some days ago (3-4 days ago) I opened my PC and chrome and I got on the Elsword forums and some other local websites and I kept getting the same kind of ads, even though I have Adblock enabled: 1. Video popups (not even new windows, just stuck in the same tab) 2. Tradeexchange and Aliexpress tabs opening whenever I pressed left click on something.

and sometimes when I open a game like CS:GO and League (that have Flash and Internet Explorer-like links, I don't know how to explain it exactly) I might get a pop-up like this or an ad (I know it's not related to Chrome but I was hoping someone could help me on this one too). I've resetted my Chrome settings, deleted history/cookies and reset Internet Explorer settings, but it still seems there must be something. I checked in Control Panel all the listen programs I have in my computer and did a Chrome Cleanup and Avast check but nothing.

Also these ads have started popping up on other devices too that I or my relatives use. It's happening on my 5 months old Lenovo K3 Note, my dad's JUST BOUGHT Lenovo K3 Note, my mom's old gt-s7500, my dad's VAIO laptop and as I said previously, my newly formatted PC. This also happens on other browsers on these devices too (Chrome, Mozilla, Adblocker Browser for android).

This is really starting to piss me off because my phone is useless right now. When I go to open a site like my local cinema's daily program I get redirected to 10 other ad sites and then I just end up using my computer. I don't know if this has anything to do with this problem, but all of these things are happening on the same WiFi network.

I hope someone can help me and also sorry for my below decent English.
Download Adware... idrk lmao but the last time I had a problem like this I just downloaded Adware it helped me right away

Reaction score
Download Adware... idrk lmao but the last time I had a problem like this I just downloaded Adware it helped me right away
u dont even know what i've gone through.
AntiMalwareBytes
AdwCleaner
Chrome Cleanup
Chrome Cleaner
CCleaner
Avast Scan

Mofker the solution for the chrome popups was to just download a popup blocker that took me 2 hours to find...

sami

Survivor
Reaction score
You can reinstall your windows or... get bitdefender if you want and then make a "full scan".

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
It sounds like this issue is completely unrelated to the software on your computer, but is actually related to web browsing all around on your network, specifically over unencrypted (non-HTTPS) pages.
This suggests that you're encountering what's called a 'man in the middle attack.' It's not exactly the same thing, as generally it's used to steal information rather than produce ads, but there's nothing here to state that it isn't being used like that so far. Once this situation is resolved, change your passwords.

Either your router or your ISP (internet service provider) are injecting unwanted content into your browsing experience. I'd suggest resetting your modem and/or router(s) first, then contact your ISP and see if they're doing any funky ad injection on their end if the problem hasn't been resolved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci