• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ant Mound SG (~40%) 1.8 READY!

You like?

• Ohhhh yeahh!

• Ohhhh noooo! (post comment pl0x)

• I am a platypus.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
KaelinatorPVP : Please try not to double post, if you want to add something else then edit the original.

Onto the map, I love this map so much. It's actually a challenge now; so many people have gotten used to the easiness of maps, thus creating complaints, but I think that this can evolve the quality of maps on the server.

The start of the corn is very similar to Vareide's SG5; I'm not complaining as that's my favourite map, but some people may dislike that style of cornucopia. 12 chests has been done before on SG Ancient Japan, and I'd love to see it implemented again.

Outside of the ant mound, everything looks a bit boring though. There isn't much variance to the palette used on the ground; sure, there are some cobblestone lumps here and there, but the dirt gets a bit boring. Although it is complimented by the tall grass (Which, can I say, are stunning c: ), I think if you were to mix it up with grass and podzol it would appeal more.

All in all, great map so far, and at this rate I'm sure it'll look spectacular :)

KaelinatorPVP

Tribute
Reaction score
KaelinatorPVP : Please try not to double post, if you want to add something else then edit the original.

Onto the map, I love this map so much. It's actually a challenge now; so many people have gotten used to the easiness of maps, thus creating complaints, but I think that this can evolve the quality of maps on the server.

The start of the corn is very similar to Vareide's SG5; I'm not complaining as that's my favourite map, but some people may dislike that style of cornucopia. 12 chests has been done before on SG Ancient Japan, and I'd love to see it implemented again.

Outside of the ant mound, everything looks a bit boring though. There isn't much variance to the palette used on the ground; sure, there are some cobblestone lumps here and there, but the dirt gets a bit boring. Although it is complimented by the tall grass (Which, can I say, are stunning c: ), I think if you were to mix it up with grass and podzol it would appeal more.

All in all, great map so far, and at this rate I'm sure it'll look spectacular :)
thank you so much! It really means a lot to me! BTW, you just made my night :) I will definitely take your advice about the color palette for the dirt! Also, I am currently working on landmarks around the map, to add some routes.
again, thanks so much for the support! I am trying my hardest to finish, and still be able for it to be the best it can be!

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
thank you so much! It really means a lot to me! BTW, you just made my night :) I will definitely take your advice about the color palette for the dirt! Also, I am currently working on landmarks around the map, to add some routes.
again, thanks so much for the support! I am trying my hardest to finish, and still be able for it to be the best it can be!
No problem c: if you need any help with terraforming or building in general, I can help out :)

jojo_mojo

Spectator
Reaction score
Ant Mound SG ~ A Survival Games Map

What's up guys, this map is currently in heavy development to have it out by 11/12/14. I am trying my hardest to finish! The builders are:

kaelinator - (99.8%)
deathtrooper5565 - (.15%)
TimeDeo - (.05%)

The only things that are finished are the grass and mound. The things we STILL need to do is:

-Work on the tunnels of the mound
-Build various landmarks in the grass
-Build the garden
-Add tier 1's and 2's to the grass

So here is a video!:

Here are the screenshots!
Grass with the mound:

Mound:

Inside the mound:

I just want to say 1 more thing! The inside of the mound is going to be kind of like Solar Frost!

Thanks!

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci