• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anti-afk

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
As you know there are traps that you can only be stuck and you don't die...
i propose that they should introduce a anti-afk system so people get stuck in a 1x1 block would be kiled in a matter of min in sted of searching for 25 min of the game and people get annoyed by it.

hope you like my suggestion :) its a short one

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
as with many new thread lately this has been covered a fair bit, but it seems to play on peoples minds a bit so maybe something should be done.
i personally don't think it should be implemented because if you do fall down the hole, its up to you to decide to stay in the game and waste time in the death match or log out and find some other server (or log right back in if you're lucky). not sure if the /suicide command works, so theres that option too i guess. to me it just seems like it might be bad for people hiding or simply waiting for night to go by, but i assume you'd reckognised that a time limit would need to be reached....

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
the time limit is 1hour it is far too long to wait if you die right at the beginning.

Aeruner

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well you can get a teammate to throw some vines down to help you get back out.

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
if ur solo or don't have friends :s it is really annoying to find people on a huge map if they are stuck and there is only u and 2 people that are stuck ...

Toraqi

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, there are AFK's who do not play and only stand at spawn... Noone takes the efforts to kill them most of the the time.

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
Well, there are AFK's who do not play and only stand at spawn... Noone takes the efforts to kill them most of the the time.
they are ghosts. you can oil them but they are not in game. the anti-afk could take care of this

Valorman1

Tribute
Reaction score
Here's the problem that I think could get in the way. You don't have to be a noob to fall into holes, lets say its late in the game, only about 5 people left the game but still has the potential to go on for another 20 min. The person who has iron armor and diamond weapon accidentally falls into a trap, now he is stuck there for the rest of the game or until someone finds him. I don't think he should be killed for this since he still has a good shot to win if he gets sent to the death match. If you want the traps to kill the players then I would suggest adding lava at the bottom of all of them, not just kill them for being "AFK" at the bottom of a trap, when they could still have a chance at the deathmatch.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
This would be a good idea if it was a 5 minute time limit until you're killed; and I never understood the whole falling into holes thing. I have never, in the 2 and a half weeks (probably 40-50 games) that I've played, fallen into a hole. Just like in the Hunger Games, you have to be very careful and know where you're going. If you fall into a hole, game over. If you're prepared, you'll have vines on you, anyways. Spectators shouldn't have to wait eternity for the DM when someone is sitting in a hole, camping in a room, or afk at spawn. Anyways, I like the idea. I'm sure people would complain, but that's the price for being one of those three things (camper, afk, or clumsy).

the_french_guy

Experienced
Reaction score
This would be a good idea if it was a 5 minute time limit until you're killed; and I never understood the whole falling into holes thing. I have never, in the 2 and a half weeks that I've played, fallen into a hole. Just like in the Hunger Games, you have to be very careful and know where you're going. If you fall into a hole, game over. If you're prepared, you'll have vines on you, anyways. Spectators shouldn't have to wait eternity for the DM when someone is sitting in a hole, camping in a room, or afk at spawn. Anyways, I like the idea. I'm sure people would complain, but that's the price for being one of those three things (camper, afk, or clumsy).
yes same i haunt fallen into any hole that people get stuck in. So i think its still a good idea.

Toraqi

Tribute
Reaction score
There should be something against spawncamping... I hate spawncampers...

Reaction score
There should be something against spawncamping... I hate spawncampers...
The term "Spawn Campers" may work for COD, but not here. It's a strategy, if you have a problem attempt to kill them. There is to much strategy involved in this game to get mad about them. The point is to get the refills, and on the counter-side of the fight, you need to fight back to kill them, or drive them away. It's strategy baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci