• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Any maps you would like to see taken off?

blue_lapida

Platinum
Reaction score
I think a majority of the maps are well built and deserve to stay on the servers. I find that the #1 reason people love or hate a map is based on the tiering. If the map has plenty of tier 2's and people can easily find routes, then people will automatically like the map, even if it is poorly built. On the other hand, if a map is tiered poorly (with tier 2's all being in the same area of the map, or there are too few tier 2's), people will automatically despise the map, even if it is an amazing build. The vast majority of hated maps would become favorites if they were tiered in a different manner.

I also think that there are maps that people love to hate. For example, a lot of people claim to hate breeze island, but time and time again it gets voted and is played (even over very popular maps). Breeze may not offer the best gameplay, but it is quite a nostalgic map, and a map that many of us remember playing during our first few MCSG games. If it were to be removed, I'm sure people would miss it.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I think a majority of the maps are well built and deserve to stay on the servers. I find that the #1 reason people love or hate a map is based on the tiering. If the map has plenty of tier 2's and people can easily find routes, then people will automatically like the map, even if it is poorly built. On the other hand, if a map is tiered poorly (with tier 2's all being in the same area of the map, or there are too few tier 2's), people will automatically despise the map, even if it is an amazing build. The vast majority of hated maps would become favorites if they were tiered in a different manner.

I also think that there are maps that people love to hate. For example, a lot of people claim to hate breeze island, but time and time again it gets voted and is played (even over very popular maps). Breeze may not offer the best gameplay, but it is quite a nostalgic map, and a map that many of us remember playing during our first few MCSG games. If it were to be removed, I'm sure people would miss it.
Same

xExterminate

Platinum
Reaction score
Fallen Empire, Fortress Pyke, TSG3, TSG1, Remnant, Origins, SG1, SG2, SG3, SG5, Dracarys, Breeze Island, Haruka, Avaricia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci