• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Any maps you would like to see taken off?

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
This is a very unorganized thread, if you want to feel smart add more options to why it should be removed, I honestly agree with Haruka, it is a way too laggy map.
I'm just gathering opinions, not trying to start a war to have these maps thrown off mcsg, thank you for your feedback on haruka however

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Well most maps I won't /hub for, but I will for tsg2, it's not the map itself that I dislike. I don't like the teiring, most the good chests are on oneside of the map and I can't get to a decent non-populated route to avoid targeting

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Well most maps I won't /hub for, but I will for tsg2, it's not the map itself that I dislike. I don't like the teiring, most the good chests are on oneside of the map and I can't get to a decent non-populated route to avoid targeting
Would you like me to add it too the list for uneven teiring?

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
I find it funny how people say Dracarys because it's too complex. That notion actually interests me as the creator of the map :p It was a concept we tried to put into a smaller space but.. eh, it was too grand for it.

But my /hub maps are Valleyside, Solar frost, SG 4 and Holiday resort on a bad day. I don't usually /hub but when I do its on those, purely because they're way overplayed imo.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Maps like Eye of Horus aren't laggy- you just haven't got the best computer. 60 FPS isn't what's called laggy either- people play simple maps like Holiday Resort with < 60 FPS.

I know that's a heavy claim for me to make considering my desktop PC is workstation-grade, but my laptop (not terribly powerful for the record) can run Eye of Horus and Haruka at a near-constant 60 FPS.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Maps like Eye of Horus aren't laggy- you just haven't got the best computer. 60 FPS isn't what's called laggy either- people play simple maps like Holiday Resort with < 60 FPS.

I know that's a heavy claim for me to make considering my desktop PC is workstation-grade, but my laptop (not terribly powerful for the record) can run Eye of Horus and Haruka at a near-constant 60 FPS.
Well congrats, but they're still laggy relative to other maps.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score

I run around 30-40 fps on eye of horus, maps like holiday and valleyside or breeze island I can run 100+

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I find it funny how people say Dracarys because it's too complex. That notion actually interests me as the creator of the map :p It was a concept we tried to put into a smaller space but.. eh, it was too grand for it.

But my /hub maps are Valleyside, Solar frost, SG 4 and Holiday resort on a bad day. I don't usually /hub but when I do its on those, purely because they're way overplayed imo.
considering that these are the maps that pretty much make up MCSG I will not add them to the list, they are the crowd favorite and I and many others have made great memories on these maps. However its cool to see people out there with a different/indie mindset as to what maps they enjoy playing.
have a good day :)
-gibby

JayDGames

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Survival Games 1 or Futuristic city. I know I am weird. Survival Games 1 has the survival games feel but it's so hard to find chests without a dedicated route. It's kind if confusing and I get lost a lot! Futuristic City is just way too laggy and it's hard for me to play, otherwise it's a good map, just the frames are a bit choppy.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'll play most maps, to be honest. However I'm no longer a fan of Solar Frost. Ever since v2 I've had a certain distaste for it. Why, you may ask? The simple reason is the terrain. Since Eshan requested it's removal there was an effort to recreate it so what they did was take the original solar frost and add more snow in layers. There is no open or flat space for PvP at all and it's nearly impossible to win fights against teams because there's no space to run or sttategize unless you want to chokepoints at the lava parkour. That is, if you don't fail the jumps to get there or run into another tribute already there.

At the least, the original Solar Frost was flat so that you could have an even grounded fight without getting caught on blocks or in walls, plus the mix of ice in there makes running very awkward.

No offense to either of the creation teams, I just don't feel as if the map is up to my personal standards anymore. It is very beautiful though :3

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see 1 overplayed map removed TEMPORARILY.
Some maps such as Holiday Resort, Valleyside, Highway etc.
Which have been on the server for quiet some time, should get removed temp, because there so overplayed, we need other maps to get a chance to be voted, some are so overrated, and its played so much it's boring.

Excavation Zero - Underplayed, but also doesn't have that wow factor, just really an average map IMO.

Chernobyl - A lot of people like the map, but I find it rather large, terraforming is not the best at all, quite average gameplay.

Fortress Pyke - It has a lot of nostalgia, but I think it's had its time, not really a favorite by many and terraforming was done with world painter.

Other maps like Fallen Empire, Eye of Horus etc are great maps, but aren't played often/have lag issues. So I don't mind whether these maps are removed or not.

Just remember, just because a map is underplayed doesn't mean it is a bad map.

Damn, I don't usually write long paragraphs, but I feel strongly about maps so why not :p

EDIT: Not a fan of TWSG2 and 3 and 1. And fortune island...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci