• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anyone else wonder this?

CalumGraham

Career
Reaction score
Anyone else wonder sometimes, What if things were different, What if MCSG was popular again with like 7000 players and what if there was popular game modes here do you think it would have an effect?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but ask yourselves this, if you could change something would you?

This is aimed at the staff and the members.

I just felt philosophical and stuff so Yolo <3

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
If SG was da super popular gamemode as it was before and that was all it took

ThaLichBD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Changes are coming old SG arenas coming as also new game mode s updates and more weren't you at the Chad Q&A? or at list read the thread?
More things are coming man, MCSG is not dead.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
Fire all the staff excluding devs and admins, with some senior staff.

Make kissing up to staff punishable by ban.

Hire some more devs that could help code another godly anti-cheat

Remove the maps that were added from like 5 months ago till now. let's be frank, no one really likes them compared to Valleyside, TSG2, Icarus, Moonbase (original) etc.

Get rid of all the "revamped" versions of maps.

But before ALL that, focus on fixing ALL the bugs.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
Changes are coming old SG arenas coming as also new game mode s updates and more weren't you at the Chad Q&A? or at list read the thread?
Everything is always "coming"

In 2014, nothing was updated, everything was always "in the process of being made" or something along those lines.

When are you going to stop saying "things are coming" and either be specific as to when, or actually do something?

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
He never said it was dead... He only said it's not as popular as it once was

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG is definitely not dead. With all the new improvements coming soon, it will raise the player count double and hopefully we will get some more good players and maybe some new staff along the way too! :D

CalumGraham

Career
Reaction score
Just to clarify, Before you comment please actually read the post

At no point do I say "MCGamer is dead" it's just a statement asking if we could've done things differently

africanswallow

Platinum
Reaction score
if we could've done things differently
I believe it all depends on the approach server admins took. If MCGamer took the path that Mineplex and Hive took, which was to =branch out into numerous different gamemodes and minigames, things would definitely be very different. I wouldn't be surprised if we had incorporated different minigames at the time of their rise and immediately saw growth in the servers.

However, I don't exactly like the approach as it fosters a weird community. On one hand, there are many new players, but they aren't connected as much as we have right now. In hive (I can't comment exactly, as I'm not too familiar), I assume there is a SG community, a hide and seek community, etc., all loosely combined under the "Hive Community." On the other hand, I look at the MCGamer community as more of a tight knit group, with almost everyone focusing on the survival games and more or less unified.

In all honesty I believe that if we hired more Staff / Sr. Staff back in 2013 - 2014 and increased our focus on clans then multiple more members would have been attracted. I feel that the recent hiring of 18 Sr. Staff was a needed change for a long time.

Lastly, perhaps more community competitions, like the PMC contest, could have really helped the servers (and now).

Sorry, this is kinda a loose jumble of my thoughts :p

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
Fire all the staff excluding devs and admins, with some senior staff.

Make kissing up to staff punishable by ban.

Hire some more devs that could help code another godly anti-cheat

Remove the maps that were added from like 5 months ago till now. let's be frank, no one really likes them compared to Valleyside, TSG2, Icarus, Moonbase (original) etc.

Get rid of all the "revamped" versions of maps.

But before ALL that, focus on fixing ALL the bugs.
Only problem with that is that you can't fix all bugs before adding something new, because adding new things will inevitably cause new bugs ;-;

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats what you're talking about?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci