• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are routes really worth it?

tankedpvp

Spectator
Reaction score
-snip-

So this is what stumbles me the most!
Are routes really worth it?
My Opinion: They're not. I've seen many videos on YouTube where all these people take routes to get these items, and it just takes a long time to collect everything from their route, where as I just go with whatever I can find, and after maybe 5 chests, if I have a weapon, I'll just find people easy enough to kill. As with my video, I am also giving away a few things, but I was playing MCSG. I almost won as well. So if you can tell, I had no route, I just went with what I can find, and almost won.

What are your guys' opinions on routes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
Like you said. You almost won. Most likely because you didn't have good armor. Routes are a part of the game, and if you don't have good ones, most of the time, you won't do well.

tankedpvp

Spectator
Reaction score
Like you said. You almost won. Most likely because you didn't have good armor. Routes are a part of the game, and if you don't have good ones, most of the time, you won't do well.
I understand that a lot of people do it, but it's not essentially needed. You don't really know what's in the chests half the time, and if something goes bad during your run, it's usually over for you.

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
I understand that a lot of people do it, but it's not essentially needed. You don't really know what's in the chests half the time, and if something goes bad during your run, it's usually over for you.
That's not true at all. There are tier 2s and tier 1s. You need a mixed amount to get good armor and good weapons or secondaries. What do you mean by if something goes bad it's usually over for you?

E

Ephiza

In a tier two, you will get much better things than a tier one. Even if you don't know, an iron chest plate is better than a leather one. Routes are an essential part of mcsg. edit: You died to a team since you where undergeared. Also, you almost won since it was a game number of 156..

tankedpvp

Spectator
Reaction score
That's not true at all. There are tier 2s and tier 1s. You need a mixed amount to get good armor and good weapons or secondaries. What do you mean by if something goes bad it's usually over for you?
I mean if you mess up, if you were chased away, then what happens? You can't go back or you'll get killed, so now everything you tried to learn about the route was useless.

tankedpvp

Spectator
Reaction score
In a tier two, you will get much better things than a tier one. Even if you don't know, an iron chest plate is better than a leather one. Routes are an essential part of mcsg. edit: You died to a team since you where undergeared. Also, you almost won since it was a game number of 156..
I understand the an iron chest plate is better than leather.
I guess I'll check out routes, but there are so many maps, and so many routes. Where and how will I know these routes?

E

Ephiza

I mean if you mess up, if you were chased away, then what happens? You can't go back or you'll get killed, so now everything you tried to learn about the route was useless.
Back-up routes.

edit: It comes down to memorization. It's like studying for a test, all you need to do is study the info once or twice, and then try it out in action on the map (dl the map). Eventually, you'll get the hang of it. After you've played a thousand or more games, you'll get it.

tankedpvp

Spectator
Reaction score
Back-up routes.

edit: It comes down to memorization. It's like studying for a test, all you need to do is study the info once or twice, and then try it out in action on the map (dl the map). Eventually, you'll get the hang of it. After you've played a thousand or more games, you'll get it.
Alright, I'll try to do this for my future uploads. Thanks.

E

Ephiza

I do. You get chests, you scout for gear, and fight off other people to win first place. Pretty simple
There's much much more to mcsg. Check out Huahwi's tips and tricks for a basic rundown of pvp. And look at JustAHotDog's chest routes, as well as flok's. And practice on other pvp servers as well, like Roxbot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci