• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are skype spectators cheating?

Are skype spectators (telling people where people are) cheating?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
It speeds up the game so spectators don't have to wait a bloody 50 minutes for the game to end.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's frowned upon as it's called ghosting. Yes it helps speed up the game, however its impossible to enforce if we want to make it against the rules.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
You can't exactly look into people's skype calls and whatnot to see if they're actually teaming.

So like some other issues (optifine zoom) we cannot do anything about it because we will have no knowledge of it.

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
I believe it is completely fair. If you have the ability to use skype its your advantage. But think here the MCSG community has a TeamSpeak. This means that people can just use that so no I don't think its unfair. I also need to say it makes the game ALOT faster especially when there are campers :D And yah what SixZoSeven said there is no way of telling if the spectator is even telling where people are.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi I'm a regular player on mcsg. I am a donator also. Ever since I've started playing I've always had someone on skype spectating telling me exactly where everyone is. Its just recently occured to me that this is likely to be called cheating. Now I know that it cant be policed whether or not someone is doing this but I was just curious to know what you guys thought of this?
So please vote below I don't want this poll to be "I do it" against "I don't do it" I want it to honestly reflect whether or not you, morally think its cheating or not, not including whether you do it or not.
So guys vote honestly, It'll be interesting to see the results :)
If MCSG recommend to use Teamspeak while playing, than why would skype be cheating?

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be honest I don't really think it's cheating I just want to see everyone else's opinion on it and if they think its okay.

F

Frondome

Well you can try sneak up on someone and then a Skype team will just say that you are coming...

DannyDeeto

Experienced
Reaction score
It gives an unfair advantage but they have no way of knowing:(

wonderwaffle237

Experienced
Reaction score
ITs not cheating. they can tell you where they are but you still have to use your own skill to kill them, do the parkour to get to the chest etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci