• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are You Excited For 1.9?

hb64

Tribute
Reaction score
Well guys post what you think and if you are excited or not if you want to :D

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Honestly yes! I think it will allow for PvP styles to develop and will really spice up and hopefully improve a rather bad 1.8 version.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Here's the thing. I am both excited and a bit scared to be honest. I like the fact that they are reintroducing the concept of blockhitting (although in a rather silly and pain-in-the-butt way). I dislike a lot that Mojang seemed to do what they always do and listen to survival players only, because maybe some of the featured suggestions made by survival players seemed "cooler" although they are far less practical to PvP. That's the downside of having almost none of the Mojang team experienced in the PvP scene, because it's somewhat smaller than the rest of the Minecraft scene.

I'm stuck in a personal conflict, because Minecraft has changed so much from a simple yet hard to master game that I loved to a game with so many different, yet easy to master, controls that I have a hard time keeping up.

I'd probably be better at this game if I started playing two months ago because my older strategies that are seared into my mind seem to not work at all with implementations like the sprint key and the lack of blockhitting..

RetroRain

Gold
Reaction score
Honestly 1.9 will just ruin pvp more. The reason is because since most mcsg players are used to the 1.8 combos, it's gonna be hard to adjust to the new hits.

nintendoboy11

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm excited! I want to see the new things in this update and see how it will affect PvP.

hb64

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks for posting guys! :D You can ell your friends about this thread :D
And honestly I don't know what to think of .9 but I'm eager to see :D

xMacros

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to it, think itll probs be a disaster and an end for pvp as Mojang dont understand pvp so they probs wont change the hit registration on 1.8 back to 1.7. Shields is a retarded idea. Nobody cares if 'Block hittings a glitch' honestly Mojang just bring it back, shields wont be the same as u have to switch between ur shield and ur sword and minecraft isnt meant to be the Avengers. And for different arrow types, its bullshit. Does this mean ppl can like 2 hit me with the bow just cuz they have some mega op arrows? I'm rlly not looking forward to it and I feel like it could be the end for pvp. I'll stick with Badlion on 1.7 right now thx very much

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
As usual, the best players will adapt, and some players will be left in the dust; it has been the same for when the sprint button was introduced, 1.8 mechanics, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci