• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Art Requests

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
This is just a quick reminder thread that I feel like I need to post.

As an artist myself I get fairly annoyed when you make someone something for free and they don't even use it.

I would just like to say, if you request free art from someone please use it or just don't request.

Someone has spent time on making something for you and you don't even bother using it. It also puts other people behind in getting some art they may really want to have and use.

Sorry for being a moaning thread, I just felt like this needed to be said.

Auroraty|Kristie

District 13
Reaction score
The only problem is that sometimes people have multiple avatars that they switch off of orrrr a change of skin prevents them from wanting to use it.

Also, not sure if anyone else is like me but I don't use any avatars like that on the forums. I use them on different teamspeaks and such, so you can't really possibly know if people are using them or not.

I think this goes unsaid and you could have probably just added a remind to the bottom of your thread, honestly.

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
The only problem is that sometimes people have multiple avatars that they switch off of orrrr a change of skin prevents them from wanting to use it.

Also, not sure if anyone else is like me but I don't use any avatars like that on the forums. I use them on different teamspeaks and such, so you can't really possibly know if people are using them or not.

I think this goes unsaid and you could have probably just added a remind to the bottom of your thread, honestly.
Well I'm just saying from personal experiences where I've spent quite long making free artwork that is the never even used.

Your reply has also came off quite rude so if it was intended to come across like that I would probably change that, if not sorry for misunderstanding...

Auroraty|Kristie

District 13
Reaction score
Well I'm just saying from personal experiences where I've spent quite long making free artwork that is the never even used.

Your reply has also came off quite rude so if it was intended to come across like that I would probably change that, if not sorry for misunderstanding...
Confused on how that was considered rude? I'm not a rude person and I don't just say things to be an ass. I was only pointing out valid points.

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
Confused on how that was considered rude? I'm not a rude person and I don't just say things to be an ass. I was only pointing out valid points.
"I think this goes unsaid and you could have probably just added a remind to the bottom of your thread, honestly."
This part ^

Auroraty|Kristie

District 13
Reaction score
"I think this goes unsaid and you could have probably just added a remind to the bottom of your thread, honestly."
This part ^
Again, wasn't even trying to be rude. All I was saying there is that it should be common knowledge to people to not request art if they won't use it...

Guess my opinions are considered rude now XD oh well, have a nice day.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah, it does annoy me sometimes that people request for art on every new thread that comes out. But, as I've read on here, it seems like it's rather arbitrary and we're never sure if they're using it elsewhere...

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah, it does annoy me sometimes that people request for art on every new thread that comes out. But, as I've read on here, it seems like it's rather arbitrary and we're never sure if they're using it elsewhere...
I'm just saying from art I've made, I can clearly see that it isn't used as quite a lot is for friends who don't use it.

I agree on the points made that they may use it elsewhere but I created this thread as more of a reminder.

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
I think this is true.... Although I don't make art for free now, when I used to most of it was used for a day or two then they would find another person to make them something else.... it made me sad :(

Ginger

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I switch back and fourth between my avatars weekly, but I do go back to old ones I really liked! I also get my skin changed quite a bit by my favourite man in the world. PixelPancake

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci