• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AU CLOSING DOWN READ IF THIS CONCERNS YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

isaaac

Doesn't matter, I'm making my point. I don't see why you'd defend someone because you 'feel sorry for them' when they kind of brought it down on themselves. The only people I want to answer is Chad and the Admins, because people like you and the mods know next-to-nothing about what's happening. If you want to defend Chad, leave it til he answers the community.
Honestly i'd be very surprised if AU never came back, that would be very unlikely. Also if you only want to answer to Chad or the Admins, then stop messaging me.

I

isaaac

you have no idea what's going on
I read what Chad posted, so I know whats going on I guess.
you're a disgrace
the problem here was that Chad and the development team have always treated au like this. au has always been buggy, sometimes never got patches/fixes/maps, and for the last few days of its life was constantly crashing. the au community deserved at least a warning. the way that chad and the devs have dealt with this is disgraceful and inconsiderate of the au community. we have a right to speak our mind, no?
we need to show them how we feel so there's a chance that we might get the servers back. because from what chad said, about them not "loosing much", there wasn't much of a chance in their minds. if they see how upset we get, then there's a chance that they'll listen to us and hopefully add the servers back.
also about the donor. the rank becomes useless if you don't play on the servers, because for 99% of australia, us and eu are unplayably laggy. and selling a service which doesn't work as advertised is illegal under australian law. now, this may not apply to all cases but charge backs can happen on a case by case basis. don't complain about people complaining about their wasted money. you don't know how their financial situation is or how hard they worked for the $100 that Diamond donor is. remember, most of the people here don't even have jobs.
these kinds of posts show how "considerate" we are, sure, but it also shows that some of us don't really care how the devs and owner treated our community. in reality the backlash should be a wakeup call to the devs, and should be treated as one.
AU IS NOT DEAD, it will return one day. I don't think you realise how hard they have it, maintaining a server with people constantly criticising it. Disguising, scrambling stats, masking, flying in hub, credits aren't changed by lag. If people are in a bad financial decision, maybe they shouldn't play. Wait till they can financially support themselves to play. You know im AU too right lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
you're a disgrace
the problem here was that Chad and the development team have always treated au like this. au has always been buggy, sometimes never got patches/fixes/maps, and for the last few days of its life was constantly crashing. the au community deserved at least a warning. the way that chad and the devs have dealt with this is disgraceful and inconsiderate of the au community. we have a right to speak our mind, no?
we need to show them how we feel so there's a chance that we might get the servers back. because from what chad said, about them not "loosing much", there wasn't much of a chance in their minds. if they see how upset we get, then there's a chance that they'll listen to us and hopefully add the servers back.
also about the donor. the rank becomes useless if you don't play on the servers, because for 99% of australia, us and eu are unplayably laggy. and selling a service which doesn't work as advertised is illegal under australian law. now, this may not apply to all cases but charge backs can happen on a case by case basis. don't complain about people complaining about their wasted money. you don't know how their financial situation is or how hard they worked for the $100 that Diamond donor is. remember, most of the people here don't even have jobs.
these kinds of posts show how "considerate" we are, sure, but it also shows that some of us don't really care how the devs and owner treated our community. in reality the backlash should be a wakeup call to the devs, and should be treated as one.
Amen my dude

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
I read what Chad posted, so I know whats going on I guess.

AU IS NOT DEAD, it will return one day. I don't think you realise how hard they have it, maintaining a server with people constantly criticising it. Disguising, scrambling stats, masking, flying in hub, credits aren't changed by lag. If people are in a bad financial decision, maybe they shouldn't play. Wait till they can financially support themselves to play. You know im AU too right lmao.

I have no response to what you said because if I did respond, this will go on for too long ://

He hasn't taken any money don't fake depression, not sure why you would spend so much money on a server which you personally only play SG on, but eh ok. Chad will figure something out, im sure of it.
you didn't address my points. at all.
we don't have a guarantee that au will return. judging from chad's words i find it hard to believe that au will be back before the community disintegrates.
i know exactly as much as you about how hard it is to maintain a server. however, when it's your JOB and you get PAID to develop and fix the servers for a community, for them to turn around and just shut down an entire region without warning is irresponsible and you know it. the difficulties of running the server have nothing to do with the fact that this was a dumb decision to make.
i don't know how much money you make, but to me $100 isn't small money at all. so i'd be [Snip] if i had bought diamond or platinum recently.
i know you're au. which is why i called you a disgrace. stop being a twat and realise that the situation is serious and the developers need to know about the backlash and the potential that the community will never return. think about that for a second. say the au servers did come back. where's the guarantee that we'll have stayed? goodlion now has au sg. what's to stop us from all going there? we'd already not had confidence in the staff team, and this makes us lose respect and and the confidence we had of them.

I

isaaac

you didn't address my points. at all.
we don't have a guarantee that au will return. judging from chad's words i find it hard to believe that au will be back before the community disintegrates.
i know exactly as much as you about how hard it is to maintain a server. however, when it's your JOB and you get PAID to develop and fix the servers for a community, for them to turn around and just shut down an entire region without warning is irresponsible and you know it. the difficulties of running the server have nothing to do with the fact that this was a dumb decision to make.
i don't know how much money you make, but to me $100 isn't small money at all. so i'd be pissed if i had bought diamond or platinum recently.
i know you're au. which is why i called you a disgrace. stop being a twat and realise that the situation is serious and the developers need to know about the backlash and the potential that the community will never return. think about that for a second. say the au servers did come back. where's the guarantee that we'll have stayed? goodlion now has au sg. what's to stop us from all going there? we'd already not had confidence in the staff team, and this makes us lose respect and and the confidence we had of them.
I believe AU will return, I can see why your annoyed. Just give them some time and stop hassling everyone. I earn $25 an hour and work 8 hours a day on the weekends. I save my money though, people can still use there donor. Most people will give the devs 3 months for AU, i'd hopefully assume they'd be back before then but no-one knows what the future holds. I have confidence in the staff team that they will do to the best of their abilities. Badlion SG? Awesome thats just another bonus mate. Anyway, thats my last post for today. Have a great day!

L

hi im ronan
Reaction score
I believe AU will return, I can see why your annoyed. Just give them some time and stop hassling everyone. I earn $25 an hour and work 8 hours a day on the weekends. I save my money though, people can still use there donor. Most people will give the devs 3 months for AU, i'd hopefully assume they'd be back before then but no-one knows what the future holds. I have confidence in the staff team that they will do to the best of their abilities. MeekHouse-Cat SG? Awesome thats just another bonus mate. Anyway, thats my last post for today. Have a great day!
$25 an HOUR? LOL whats your occupation?!?!?

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
Seriously, where did my first post go? I get the others might break rules but the first one deleted? Seriously? By the way you can still read it in the replies, so whoever deleted it didn't do a good job anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci