• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AU location will be dropped until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jqcko

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello MCGamers,

Our AU location has been having a bit of issues on and off the last few months due to dealing with the internet connections in that region communicating to our database servers in US. Lately, it's becoming worse and worse and we decided at this point until we find a better location for the value on what we are paying per month. We canceled our renewal for our current host until a better quality of service in that area comes up. We are sorry for the inconvenience to our players in that region and will be focusing our support in US and EU in the mean time. If we find something better in that region, we might return the server location but so far our search as limited us very little results. Thank you for your understanding and will keep you all updated.
Why not try in Canberra?

Hakodate

Gold
Reaction score
Oh.. I'm not AU and so I feel nothing, but I really miss AS servers that I played ~3 years ago.. So I recommend you create a host in Singapore. And whole Asia & Pacific Region will finally get a decent ping to MCSG Servers. But you guys can do like this: AU players are getting a decent ping to Singapore, like 90-100 ms. So whole Asian MCSG community will be back cuz of that. I was in Singapore and I swear it's got the best internet without drops (not like retarded internet in AU). Hope my opinion will be heard :)
P.S. My Australian friend said that he has 90-95 ping to Singapore servers. So.. it looks like decent ping, right?
P.P.S. I thought about Japan first time, but decided it's located so far from AU and some Pacific countries. Also you can create a host in Hong Kong, it's got normal internet too, but it's not the best location I think.

Last edited:

Narwhalll

Quantum
Reaction score
Oh.. I'm not AU and so I feel nothing, but I really miss AS servers that I played ~3 years ago.. So I recommend you create a host in Singapore. And whole Asia & Pacific Region will finally get a decent ping to MCSG Servers. But you guys can do like this: AU players are getting a decent ping to Singapore, like 90-100 ms. So whole Asian MCSG community will be back cuz of that. I was in Singapore and I swear it's got the best internet without drops (not like retarded internet in AU). Hope my opinion will be heard :)
P.S. My Australian friend said that he has 90-95 ping to Singapore servers. So.. it looks like decent ping, right?
P.P.S. I thought about Japan first time, but decided it's located so far from AU and some Pacific countries. Also you can create a host in Hong Kong, it's got normal internet too, but it's not the best location I think.
Omg yes!!! Another way to solve our issue! Just host it in Singapore, Chad that will fix all our problems. Thankyou so much for bringing some hope back to the au community.

ToxicBlaze

Quantum
Reaction score
But, but.... My 10ms :(

PhadeAyou

Survivor
Reaction score
the AU community was talented and strong. The argument that "most play on US" is invalid as many of those who do play to this day have played from the start and have endured the perils and beauty of the AU community. As others have stated, some people do play on US. But nearly of all those people don't play for the challenge, but for the thrill of winning. As croe97 clearly proved the AU community is full of skilled players that are passionate and dedicated to the server. Instead Croe97 played on US to help boost his wins. I won't lie, it is extremely easy to boost on US as the level of skill is just not there, they are simply players who have no idea what they are doing. *cough*
my second point is that nearly every dedicated player on AU has a diamond donor or higher rank on MCSG, how could cost even be a factor? I personally have 150 dollars worth of donors invested. too find out our money is going to The US where it helps a bunch of rookies struggle who struggle to compete for a good win.
One of the main reasons the AU community was skilled is because of the use of the Rod, which as we all know is largely useful will a good connection. something the US cannot provide.

In summary you should bring back the AU community because:
-We have put in more than enough money to keep the server up due to 90 per cent of players having a diamond and higher rank, there are players to play on them too.
-the US cannot substitute for the AU community as our skill cannot be used there (hence we lose and have no fun)

I understand Chad is in it for the money but you must not scam all of those who have stayed with you till the end. however I do feel this message will be deleted.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci