• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Auto-Ban Plugin

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have recently been playing in McPvp, the one thing that makes it so fun to play is because there are no hackers. If somebody came into the server with a Hacked Client, the server would automatically ban them for 24 Hours, literally the second that the Hacker joins it bans them for 24 hours. How amazing would it be if Mcsg could develop a Plugin like this. Nowadays, We can only rely on Mods who don't usually come scouting for Hackers, and the small amount of people who can record, this Plugin could change Mcsg. Just imagine it, never seeing a Hacker again, it would be amazing.

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Since there are hackers, and less people to record them and even LESS mods to catch them, we need some sort of auto banning system. Now, as we know this has been tried before but it was buggy and banned a lot of innocent people. But, with this system it wont.
There are many types of hacks, and one my my least favorite is auto zooming and bsm.
With those 2 mods, they allow the user to move faster. BSM allows people to toggle fly speed, and auto zooming allowed the user to zoom across the ground really fast.
This is why if the devs could create a plugin that monitors peoples speed, ie you can only move <x> amount of blocks per second. Then when people try to autozoom or fly faster they get a punishment that suits the situation.

My only problem I see is it will give people punishments when the server lags and people go far fast once it stops lagging.

Other Thread Similar to this.

My Thoughts again:

Problem with this is did you play when the servers had the Original no cheat? If not let me explain it would basily do what your saying expect it would pull you back to the ground or back to a previous spot. this was a Pain although its still there today its not as bad and I Mean it was terrible you couldn't sprint jump without getting pulled back because it thought you were flying. Problem being it could and will ban People without them have even done anything wrong. Also this would effect falling as i believe you fall faster than you run. How dumb does that sound getting banned for jumping into water... Personally I moderate a Lot and if you time that there are to few mods then have you tried teamspeak to poke a moderator or etc (But I'm being told that you have to poke about 10 before 1 replies..., Sad that there are only a few of us good Mods left. (No Names being said or fingers Pointed you guys know who you are.) There are other ways to contact mods EX: I have a about 20-30+ Players on my Skype. They skype me and I respond as quick as i can. Even if its just a few questions I respond.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Other Thread Similar to this.

My Thoughts again:

Problem with this is did you play when the servers had the Original no cheat? If not let me explain it would basily do what your saying expect it would pull you back to the ground or back to a previous spot. this was a Pain although its still there today its not as bad and I Mean it was terrible you couldn't sprint jump without getting pulled back because it thought you were flying. Problem being it could and will ban People without them have even done anything wrong. Also this would effect falling as i believe you fall faster than you run. How dumb does that sound getting banned for jumping into water... Personally I moderate a Lot and if you time that there are to few mods then have you tried teamspeak to poke a moderator or etc (But I'm being told that you have to poke about 10 before 1 replies..., Sad that there are only a few of us good Mods left. (No Names being said or fingers Pointed you guys know who you are.) There are other ways to contact mods EX: I have a about 20-30+ Players on my Skype. They skype me and I respond as quick as i can. Even if its just a few questions I respond.
It is not NoCheat, yes I did play here in those days, I know how terrible it is, but McPvP doesn't do anything but auto-ban them.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
This will never work. Ever. if you realized, the only way to make sure that you have a hacked client is to scan your .minecraft, which if you havent noticed it illegal

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
MineZ has something similar to this where it can sense if you are hacking or not, a really intricate plugin. The problem is, if you do end up getting banned unfairly they'll say that their plugin never makes mistakes.

Jayx10

Experienced
Reaction score
This is a good suggestion it should be implemented into the game.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
This will never work. Ever. if you realized, the only way to make sure that you have a hacked client is to scan your .minecraft, which if you havent noticed it illegal
But you stated it first :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci