• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Auto-sprint banning.

TimTering

Survivor
Reaction score
In my experience MCSG has somewhat of a problem, people are getting banned for better sprint mod while they aren't even using it. please bare in mind that this is simply constructive critisism towards MCSG staff. All I'm going to say is: even though somebody may look suspicious because he activates sprint really fast doesn't mean he is using better sprint he may be using a laptop keyboard, which in my experience helps a lot. So when you see somebody activating sprint really fast just keep in mind the actual time difference between activating sprint with better sprint and whitout is can be around a tenth of a second. Meaning you'll never have the evidence you need in order to ban someone if you only record that single aspect. Sure if you see somebody run through fire or run up a mountain really fast, I know that's an other story.
And yes, I know all bans are looked through by several staff members in order to make sure the ban is save. I could not ask for a better way of making sure, but I was just thinking I saw a flaw in the methods staff uses to make sure all bans are good. You may agree with me, you may not, but I would like to see how many people agree with me on this topic. Many people apparably agreed with me and I have to thank all the staff members who were able to take the constructive critisism and everyone telling me important stuff I didn´t know about BSM.

Sorry for the possibly bad grammar or spelling, Greetings from the Netherlands. :)

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is true. I was so close to getting banned for using Better Sprint Mod, because I use a laptop to play on. It's really annoying, and it's an issue that needs to be fixed.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Finally someone that agrees. I think that quite a lot of the moderators lately ban people without putting much effort into gathering enough proof. :p I was banned a while back for "using the better sprint mod", yet when I asked to see the proof they had, they weren't able to show me any.

And yup, I play on a laptop and use a trackpad, so I get accused of hacking a lot..

DonnieHD

Survivor
Reaction score
I got banned for it for proof that was me running into a block that a piston pushes up in a 3 high room and I kept running which is a bug in minecraft, so thats my mod app gone..

Br00k

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I got banned for it for proof that was me running into a block that a piston pushes up in a 3 high room and I kept running which is a bug in minecraft, so thats my mod app gone..
If you get unbanned then you can still be a mod. But on topic I use laptop and I do get accused of better sprint a lot but never been banned for it. Using laptop helps sprint using mouse makes it better to get more hits I think better sprint should be allowed under youtube because its is inpossible to sprint but mcsg staff made there choice and I can under stand why it should not be allowed because it does give an unfair advantage .

Bredinabox

Experienced
Reaction score
No, everyone in minecraft runs the same speed, not faster. I could have a crappy keyboard and run the same speed as a guy who has lets say a corsair k90. You've been banned for a reason.
If you get unbanned then you can still be a mod. But on topic I use laptop and I do get accused of better sprint a lot but never been banned for it. Using laptop helps sprint using mouse makes it better to get more hits I think better sprint should be allowed under youtube because its is inpossible to sprint but mcsg staff made there choice and I can under stand why it should not be allowed because it does give an unfair advantage .
BTW if u get banned at all from MCSG youre mod app will be ignored. It says in the application

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
If you Get banned on MCSG 1 or more times, Your app will automaticlly be ignored. You can't be a Mod here with a banned, whether you are unbanned or not.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
teovald let the Rage and facts begin!
Le tavolod has appeared

*Everyone gasps*

Anyways, i am sad but i have to agree with this, i've got 5 bans for "bsm'ing". And there are people with even vaguer "evidence" (how is that possible? o_O) then me, only because i got some friends in the staff i get unbanned while they weren't.

1:Exking
2.Canziano
3.ryska_ryssen

TimTering

Survivor
Reaction score
Le tavolod has appeared

*Everyone gasps*

Anyways, i am sad but i have to agree with this, i've got 5 bans for "bsm'ing". And there are people with even vaguer "evidence" (how is that possible? o_O) then me, only because i got some friends in the staff i get unbanned while they weren't.

1:Exking
2.Canziano
3.ryska_ryssen
Wow, I'm sorry but that's just wrong, also Canziano isn't a hacker as far as I know, just saying.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I've been accused many times of hacking (I don't get it though, I suck) and one person thought I was using BSM...
I'm pretty sure you need legit evidence in order to ban someone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci