• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Auto-sprint banning.

TimTering

Survivor
Reaction score
I've been accused many times of hacking (I don't get it though, I suck) and one person thought I was using BSM...
I'm pretty sure you need legit evidence in order to ban someone.
Oh no, mods ban you if they see one thing that is suspicious. The staff thinks they are right about their knowledge about BSM but in my experience and in many others' they aren't.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Finally someone that agrees. I think that quite a lot of the moderators lately ban people without putting much effort into gathering enough proof. :p I was banned a while back for "using the better sprint mod", yet when I asked to see the proof they had, they weren't able to show me any.

And yup, I play on a laptop and use a trackpad, so I get accused of hacking a lot..
you use a trackpad as a mouse? Mind=blown o_O

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
Oh no, mods ban you if they see one thing that is suspicious. The staff thinks they are right about their knowledge about BSM but in my experience and in many others' they aren't.
Staff do not ban anyone for hacking without evidence. Some may be wrong but BSM is hard to tell. Therefore, We need other staffs opinions.

KickinJam

Tribute
Reaction score
I also use a laptop, and my keys are quick to press. Also, I think that better sprint helps you sprint a little faster then normal. Now going back to watch a Bajan Canadian video, he used better sprint mod and got the person he was chasing most of the time. Since your playing on a laptop, then it's easy to press the keys, but even easier to activate better sprint. If you weren't using it (which is obvious) and got banned for it, just write a ban appeal.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
If you Get banned on MCSG 1 or more times, Your app will automaticlly be ignored. You can't be a Mod here with a banned, whether you are unbanned or not.
Quick correction: As long as you are unbanned, bans do not count against your record.

On to the subject of BSM, it is definitely the hardest hack to gain evidence of, and I agree that, sadly, not all bans are solidly based on proof. However, mods do their jobs to the best of their abilities, and they check over unsure bans with other mods before delivering the ban. I definitely see what you mean, however, and I'll make sure to be more cautious about bans for BSM in the future. Thank you for the constructive, non raging criticism. It helps ;)

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
Quick correction: As long as you are unbanned, bans do not count against your record.

On to the subject of BSM, it is definitely the hardest hack to gain evidence of, and I agree that, sadly, not all bans are solidly based on proof. However, mods do their jobs to the best of their abilities, and they check over unsure bans with other mods before delivering the ban. I definitely see what you mean, however, and I'll make sure to be more cautious about bans for BSM in the future. Thank you for the constructive, non raging criticism. It helps ;)
Ok, thank you, Zeno :p

Br00k

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you Get banned on MCSG 1 or more times, Your app will automaticlly be ignored. You can't be a Mod here with a banned, whether you are unbanned or not.
That's abit unfair I was banned for edited evidence so I got a member of sr.staff to look at he said it was clearly in edited so I got unbanned 45 minutes later if this is the case I smell I rant thread coming on.
Edit: thanks zeno.

OrangeTrees

Tribute
Reaction score
I was banned for better sprint for a week a while ago, which I wasn't using and have never used on any server, let alone mcsg. My ban was "upheld" because their "proof" (a laggy video which did not in my opinion show any kind of sprint modification) apparently made them think I was in fact hacking. I was banned yesterday for "Hacking/Aimbot". What the heck is that? I've never used an aimbot hack. The fact that I was banned twice for no reason AND for 2 different offenses makes me think the moderators are just blindly banning for no reason and without proof. What is it that makes you think I'm hacking?

Now, I don't know if moderators do this already, but here's an easy solution I have: Watch the player for a while before you ban them for 887 months. Maybe you saw a glitch. Maybe the server lagged. The safe way to prevent unfair banning would be to watch the player for a while and then decide if a BSM/Hacking/Aimbot/whatever ban is reasonable.

Here's the video that shows my apparent "hacking":
First of all, the video is pretty laggy. I don't see any hard evidence of "better sprint", do you? And if you do, don't you agree that maybe some more footage would help you more easily decide?

Edit: I apologize for the angry rant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci