• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Auto-sprint banning.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
people get banned for better sprint when they start sprinting sideways and backwards

OrangeTrees

Tribute
Reaction score
I am sad this is true but the only real actual way to not get banned if you're a really good player is to records all of your games and keep them.. No one can do that!
completely agreed man

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
N
Quick correction: As long as you are unbanned, bans do not count against your record.

On to the subject of BSM, it is definitely the hardest hack to gain evidence of, and I agree that, sadly, not all bans are solidly based on proof. However, mods do their jobs to the best of their abilities, and they check over unsure bans with other mods before delivering the ban. I definitely see what you mean, however, and I'll make sure to be more cautious about bans for BSM in the future. Thank you for the constructive, non raging criticism. It helps ;)
X-ray is

Hamsterdam

Survivor
Reaction score
Although I agree that using a laptop can easily make you look like you are using BSM, I can absolutely assure you that all evidence is thoroughly looked through with many other mods. When a person is kicked for suspicion, (I know this is harsh but better safe than sorry) the moderator that has kicked the player will have been recording. This recorded evidence is shared around a small group of the moderators online at the time and if they come to the decision that you are hacking, you will be banned. I believe that the moderators do a fantastic job in maintaining the servers and only banning people who need to be banned.

Hootie14

Platinum
Reaction score
As FuSionZz said above, mods dont just base their bans on how fast someone starts sprinting. BSM has around 5 different ways (I uses), which it can be detected. Theses include some on the ones stated above, but they are still very had to be sure due to lag issues and just the generalization of the ways being hard to detect the hack.

Hootie14

Platinum
Reaction score
Well I have 5 ways that I uses to detect for BSM, some people choose to look for other traits. If you wanted to, you could probably find 100's of ways to detect it, they would just be nearly impossible to gather enough evidence to ban them.

TimTering

Survivor
Reaction score
As FuSionZz said above, mods dont just base their bans on how fast someone starts sprinting. BSM has around 5 different ways (I uses), which it can be detected. Theses include some on the ones stated above, but they are still very had to be sure due to lag issues and just the generalization of the ways being hard to detect the hack.
Say, a moderator is spectating a fight. The fight is on an open field and nobody uses F&S. So the moderator can only look at one aspect of BSM. He thinks one of the persons is hacking because sprint is activated really fast and it doesn't seem to cansel. The moderator has now looked at one aspect of BSM, he bans the player. Has the ban got sufficient evidence? Or should there have been looked at more signs that BSM often shows?

Hootie14

Platinum
Reaction score
In combat we look for multiple things. It is not just how fast you can activate your sprint. In combat alone there is at least 2 other ways of finding BSM. As I have said before we do not judge BSM only on how fast you start your sprint.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci