• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Backyard MCSG

Doodlydoo31

Survivor
Reaction score
That gave me an idea make there be like a table and chairs outside

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
We're all entitled to our own opinions for sure! And I appreciate you replying after that with why you dislike. It definitely at this point seems very ugly and inconvenient, the problem with aesthetics is that I'm trying to make it look as close to a scaled down backyard as possible. So when I'm adding things like grass, I'll have to be sure there's no red and yellow flowers, or anything else that would look unnatural in reality. Inconvenient, holy crap are you right. Coming up with notable landmarks for a yard is easy, but a pain in the ass because of the scale. Sure I'll make a little tricycle, but it will be 24 blocks high and probably just as wide. Then I have to make it detailed. So you can count on progress being slow, as I'm doing this alone and 100% original content. But these issues will be addressed without a doubt.

Be sure to keep checking back though! Maybe it'll catch your eye at some point, and if it doesn't keep feeding me particulars that you don't like!

Is corn under the floor boards ? LOL I love it and I bet chad will love it too I hope it makes it to the real games
You could say that, but it's actually 30 blocks below the surface. One tunnel out though does lead under the deck.

Pvaatn you know what else this map needs?
Wait no I forgot but In the tree there should be a treehouse if you can get up it please do that
That gave me an idea make there be like a table and chairs outside
Count on both of those! Just give me some time :)

The amount of love I have for this map, my god.
Thanks! Keep checking back for updates!

Invictus

Tribute
Reaction score
I love thisx map seriously, I've been telling all my friends about it even the ones who don't play MCSG, if you ever need any help with the map I would be more than willing to help and would even show you that I can help with the map with screenshots and a trial build, but iof not I'll still continue to follow this map <3

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I love thisx map seriously, I've been telling all my friends about it even the ones who don't play MCSG, if you ever need any help with the map I would be more than willing to help and would even show you that I can help with the map with screenshots and a trial build, but iof not I'll still continue to follow this map <3
Thank you! More to come you can be sure, and possibly a download just for poops and giggles tonight!

Just a quick update for anyone interested. Got my iron donor back and been playing a bit of MCSG so progress on this map has been slow. So slow in fact that I've been thinking of other maps to make and I just want to get this one out of the way so I can start another!

Anyway here's some screens of what I've done.

This is the tree I've worked on for a little while. I used the smoothshape filter and the enlarge filter in MCEdit. Long story short, it literally took like 4 hours to do this because it was so large I couldn't use the filter to do the entire thing. Had to do 20 high at a time. If you look closely you can tell!

By request, a table and chairs. Haven't gotten around to the umbrella yet; though I plan on it being a closed umbrella.

This is a bird bath under the tree and you'll see on the other side, the kiddy pool. These are strategically placed because I plan on having some tree related places to go, and getting down would be a chore without some water :)

Hopefully get that umbrella done tonight, and then maybe upload the map just to check out. Obviously it's not close to done but you can get an idea of the feeling. Thanks! Suggestions and criticisms whale-cum. lol

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
It's...
What...
How...
beautifurr :eek:
I just hope that you make it kind of not open, right now it looks a little empty to me, but I'm sure the finished product will be amazing.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
It's...
What...
How...
beautifurr :eek:
I just hope that you make it kind of not open, right now it looks a little empty to me, but I'm sure the finished product will be amazing.
Haha thanks! And yeah that is my only problem at the time. I just need to think of things to really cluster up the yard. I'm thinking kids toys, maybe a bird or two, a squirrel or two and hopefully a few other things, then some minor terraforming!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Haha thanks! And yeah that is my only problem at the time. I just need to think of things to really cluster up the yard. I'm thinking kids toys, maybe a bird or two, a squirrel or two and hopefully a few other things, then some minor terraforming!
Squirrels please :)

Doodlydoo31

Survivor
Reaction score
Pvaatn you got killed by bajancanadian
And also thanks for adding table and chairs like I requested :D it looks amazing
Are you planning on putting spiders? Or cockroaches or something?

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Pvaatn you got killed by bajancanadian
And also thanks for adding table and chairs like I requested :D it looks amazing
Are you planning on putting spiders? Or cockroaches or something?
It was an honor :p And if you check jeromes last HG, I got to play them again!

Also, the map is coming along pretty nice, almost ready to upload a copy just for a sneak peak. I'd say I'm 50% done!
Spiders for sure!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci