• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Balancing Points

Do you think this system would help better balance out the points?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
While the idea of sapping points from your enemys sounds good in theory, it doesn't seem to work out in the Hunger Games format. There are basically three categories of players in the hunger games:
60% who rank below the default 100 points
30% who rank from 100 to 300 points
10% who rank from 300 to 2000 points
(These numbers are just based off my opinion from all the games I've played and are just estimates)

It just seems weird that the majority of players are ranked below 100. Even if they do good in some games like getting a few kills or even making it to the final death match. So I'm proposing a system that still keeps the idea of the reward for killing players with higher points, but modified to work out better in the end for people who get kills and survive longer.

The first big part of this new system would be the Death Modifier

First 10 Tributes to die Normal Death Modifier
Next 5 Tributes to die lose 10% less points
Next 4 Tributes to die lose 15% less points
Next 3 Tributes to die lose 20% less points
Last Tribute to die the loser of the Death Match loses 25% less points

Examples:
Marvel, Glimmer, and Clove are the 8th, 9th, & 10th tribute to die. They all lose there normal death points based on who killed them.

Foxface(300) is the 14th Tribute to die and she is killed by Thresh(150). Thresh gains 50 points putting his score at 200. Foxface only loses 45 points instead of 50 because she got a Death Modifier of 10%

Thresh(200) is the 21st Tribute to die & he is killed by Kato(180). Kato would gain 20 points putting his score at 200. Thresh would only lose 16 points instead of 20 because he got a Death Modifier of 20%

Kato(200) is the last tribute alive in the Death Match and is killed by Katniss(100). Katniss gains her normal 50 points. But Kato would only lose 37 points instead of 50 because he got a Death Modifier of 25%

The next big part of the system is Kill Modifiers
Double Kill
Killing 2 Tributes in one Game gives you a bonus of 2 points.

Hunter
Killing 4 Tributes in one Game gives you a bonus of 4 points.
Along with the previous bonus that's 6 total bonus points.

Career
Killing 6 Tributes in one Game gives you a bonus of 6 points.
Along with the previous bonuses that's 12 total bonus points

Mocking Jay
Killing 12 Tributes in one Game gives you a bonus of 8 points.
Along with the previous bonuses that's 20 total bonus points

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
I like the idea of that if you live longer that you lose less points, makes it more fair. but i think you can better base it of time.

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the idea of that if you live longer that you lose less points, makes it more fair. but i think you can better base it of time.
I thought of basing it off time as well. The problem with that is it would directly encourage players to camp out for as long as possible increasing the game duration. This way it is still killing focused and forces players to not worry/care about the time.

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
I thought of basing it off time as well. The problem with that is it would directly encourage players to camp out for as long as possible increasing the game duration. This way it is still killing focused and forces players to not worry/care about the time.
Oww yea. Didn't think about that :p

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea :D but for death match it should be 30-40% I think. Death match is almost as good as winner. And instead of making it next 4, next 3, it should all be next 5.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
Great idea. The two best ideas proposed relating to points, would be, in my opinion, this, and a 'not-losing-any-points' system. This seems to be the better of the two, because, like in first-person shooters, your K/D is very important. It doesn't matter how many kills you get if you die all the time. This keeps that K/D idea, just balancing it (hence the name of the topic - very nice) to make it a little more fair and less harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci