• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Basic Forum Tips

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello this thread is for everyone who are new to the website and want to be informed about a lot of information that they can use the forums to help them be successful and become a great forumer, please if any changes don't be hesitate to reply
Stage 1: Basics

This is your homepage of the website

This is where you get messages from other people in a private conversation

To see recent replies on a thread you were looking at or commented on look here

The homepage articles/people you follow/recent replies on other threads/recent status updates/twitter facebook links can all be found in this one area

Stage 2: Forum Sections, Events, Staff, Leaderboards

These are the Forum Tabs, that take you to different areas of the forums:

The following areas include, Rules, Servers, Forums, Staff, Events, Media, Leaderboards, Members, and Upgrade.

Rules:

The rules section is for new members to read carefully placed rules that shouldn't be broken ingame or on the forums, they have big tips and ways to not be banned or cause trouble. Full link: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/mcsg-updated-rules-version-3-0.12254/

Servers:

Here is a list of the servers that are full or empty, they can either be shut down for
maintenance or being lagging out, so if you want to join a quick game come here and see the number and type it in.

Forums:

The forums is where you can see all recent stories from every other forumer on the website, you can also see the online staff that can help you at anytime!

Stage 1 Section 2:

This is the area of lots of people that are on, From recent news about changed to Community topics and threads, then to the Clans that fight against each other in servers with many people! The build teams are group of very good builders that build maps/hub areas for the server, and they can get picked out to be on the server by Senior Staff and Admins,

Another area is the General Support area where you can get help from Staff if you're having issues, From Moderator Applications to Ban Disputes and Report Abuse.

Report Abuse/Ban Dispute Templates

When posting a ban dispute you have to make one by using the template in the thread, you have to fill it out completely and then post it, the mods don't reply to it as quickly as you want it to be, but they can get to it in a short time.

When you're reporting a hacker or a person treating someone badly or causing commotion or issues you will need to the get the right eveidence like a recording footage or screenshot of the person saying it. Following the template in the picture will be the right one to fill out.

The last section:

This is the random topics/threads on here that people post for funny/positive comments back from Forumers. Plus the Art section and different game threads.

I hope this was a really good guide for basic information and tips on becoming a forumer :p

Last edited:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm sure that anyone will know all these basic stuff before they even find this guide.
Finding the Community Guides section is quite tricky, actually xD Can easily say that I didn't know of it at all just until I made my first guide back in July of 2013.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm sure that anyone will know all these basic stuff before they even find this guide.
Finding the Community Guides section is quite tricky, actually xD Can easily say that I didn't know of it at all just until I made my first guide back in July of 2013.
um ok? :p

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Great thread Idea Imanol

What you could possibly improve on is showing users how to get to the 'Report Abuse' section and getting the template. Various sections like Ban Disputes and FAQ's etc. It'll help out a lot and would stop some posts on the Senior Staff's walls ;).

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Great thread Idea Imanol

What you could possibly improve on is showing users how to get to the 'Report Abuse' section and getting the template. Various sections like Ban Disputes and FAQ's etc. It'll help out a lot and would stop some posts on the Senior Staff's walls ;).
I'll start editing it right now! Thanks

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
A wild Guide prefix appeared.

It's a nice, basic thread that could definitely help the new members find their way around on the forums. You don't always have to throw all the website information at them at once and forum experience comes with time. Good job. :)

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
A wild Guide prefix appeared.

It's a nice, basic thread that could definitely help the new members find their way around on the forums. You don't always have to throw all the website information at them at once and forum experience comes with time. Good job. :)
Thanks! Also I added the Ban Disputes and Report abuse section for people who want to have the right template used when writing a post about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci