• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Battle Of The Skies [24 Tributes] [250 Radius] {Team BuildIt}

and3210123

Spectator
Reaction score

We started on the map this morning, and so far we have made the spawn and 24 pedestals.
The objective of this map is a battle between islands, where every player is from a different island.
No non-vanilla mods are currently used for this map, and we will at first, not fill the chests...
There may be a 48 player map coming out, with this same theme, where we just upgrade a little bit.
The two above pictures are of the spawn, there are currently 12 chests at spawn.
The spawn features 8 bridges to make almost every player have a chance to get to the middle.
Currently we are only 2 brothers working on the map, and we have been working for 2 hours now.
I will be upgrading the pictures ASAP and will release a map download when we finish :)

Members
and3210123 [Lead Builder]
tubsen5 [Co-Builder]
tobias1290 [Architect]
JoshuaBJ [Architect]
We prefer the name "Team BuildIt"
Changes in v1.0 Alpha (done at March 5th 2014)
*Added a new island: Plains (District 1)
*Added a new island: Desert (District 13, The Lost District)
*Spawn island finished, trying to make it fair for all tributes to get to center.
*50% progress on District 1
*10% progress on District 13
*Started using WorldEdit + Voxelsniper, for the islands.
*Added images below for version 1.0 Alpha

Last edited:

Cimmy

Diamond
Reaction score
Some parts of the cornucopia are extremely unfair for tributes to get to the centre but I'd like to see more screenshots of the map since I have nothing to base judgements on so far :) Thanks

and3210123

Spectator
Reaction score
Some parts of the cornucopia are extremely unfair for tributes to get to the centre but I'd like to see more screenshots of the map since I have nothing to base judgements on so far :) Thanks
Yes we know, and we are trying to fix that. Thanks for the feedback, and I will add more pictures ASAP :)

and3210123

Spectator
Reaction score

We started on the map this morning, and so far we have made the spawn and 24 pedestals.
The objective of this map is a battle between islands, where every player is from a different island.
No non-vanilla mods are currently used for this map, and we will at first, not fill the chests...
There may be a 48 player map coming out, with this same theme, where we just upgrade a little bit.
The two above pictures are of the spawn, there are currently 12 chests at spawn.
The spawn features 8 bridges to make almost every player have a chance to get to the middle.
Currently we are only 2 brothers working on the map, and we have been working for 2 hours now.
I will be upgrading the pictures ASAP and will release a map download when we finish :)

Members
and3210123 [Lead Builder] [Terraformer]
tubsen5 [Co-Builder]
tobias1290 [Architect]
JoshuaBJ [Architect]
spurs277 [Terraformer]
We prefer the name "Team BuildIt"
Changes in v1.0 Alpha (done at March 5th 2014)
*Added a new island: Plains (District 1)
*Added a new island: Desert (District 13, The Lost District)
*Spawn island finished, trying to make it fair for all tributes to get to center.
*50% progress on District 1
*10% progress on District 13
*Started using WorldEdit + Voxelsniper, for the islands.
*Added images below for version 1.0 Alpha

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that the pedestals are unfair. Use the WE circle command and do it that way. Also, try to make the islands look better, they look better when they are like pointed at the bottom and wider at the top. Don't put the enchanting table in corn either. Other than that good start. The idea is semi-new and it could be fun, just make sure the gameplay is good by making the islands open for pvp and make sure that the platforms to each island are wide so people can't be shot off easily.

and3210123

Spectator
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that the pedestals are unfair. Use the WE circle command and do it that way. Also, try to make the islands look better, they look better when they are like pointed at the bottom and wider at the top. Don't put the enchanting table in corn either. Other than that good start. The idea is semi-new and it could be fun, just make sure the gameplay is good by making the islands open for pvp and make sure that the platforms to each island are wide so people can't be shot off easily.
We are trying to fix that. New pictures will be up as soon as possible :D Thx for the feedback :)

Austin_HG

District 13
Reaction score
I think the map's concept looks far too lobby games-ish, and I doubt MCGamer would be replacing the perfectly built and detailed map made by Team Elite, with this.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci