• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Be able to Toggle menu on the right.

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's a necessity for moderating purposes. However, I would love the ability to simply change its size. I feel like it's taking up most of my screen sometimes .-.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Pretty sure mods need it to see time in bans when you post a report.

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The sidebar makes it look like mcsg players are dumb and dont know how to do commands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hmm, this would be nice from the perspective of an old player, however I'm not sure how practical it would be in today's network considering we use that sidebar for valuable information in report abuses and ban disputes, but it will be brought up this weekend at the staff meeting by me (or likely someone else if I'm unable to attend which is likely)

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
We could, but it's really important for moderation work as we can use it for identifying players while punishing them. It would be nice to somehow adjust the size of it for those of you who have it covering items you're holding.

but what are the chances of that happening
Pretty high, considering we already get fake reports with the side bar. Remove that and it'll be a lot easier to make them.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Well, I know the time helps the moderators do their moderating. That said, I don't mind it at all. I find it useful with the time ingame. I like to see my server on case I'm playing with friends. I know there are commands for this, but it just makes it easier. I'm all good with easier.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
As the five or so people mentioned above, we probably won't be able to toggle it off due to moderation purposes. However, it would be great if it was actually useful. It would be nice if it displayed the universal time the use for report abuses and, right under, your local timezone.

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
yes this is a very clever idea i hope developers see something in this.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
This idea was considered in the past, however the sidebar provides helpful information to "watermark" screenshot and video ban evidence. This information helps us find faked evidence much more easily. However, I do understand that it can get in the way sometimes. My method for avoiding that is changing my GUI Scale to "Normal" instead of "Auto" in the Minecraft settings; this gives you a normal-sized GUI, but if you make the game window bigger, it doesn't automatically make the GUI huge to match.

Here's how my Minecraft screen normally looks (I have the game set to be a 1280x720 window, since my screen is 1920x1080):

We might look into the possibility of offering a "minimize" solution, removing as much information from the sidebar as possible to make it as small as possible (and maybe compacting the timestamp to something like "6/8/15 14:33", but ultimately the timestamp and server ID must remain for the reasons I stated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci