• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
What a lot of players don't realise is..1.7.2 sprint is more OP than BSM, or atleast 1.6.4 BSM.

With 1.7.2 you're about to sprint through combat and keep sprint after hitting a block.
All you have to do is keep holding down the sprint key OR if you're on a Mac assign the sprint key to Caps Lock.

With 1.7.2 sprint you're able to being sprint while in the air and in water without having to go down to the bottom to gain that more momentous sprint.
Which is something you can not do with BSM

One question I have is, are Mac users allowed to assign their sprint key to Caps Lock?

I've been told me it takes advantage of a "glitch" in MC.
I see it as just a feature for Mac users and not a glitch at all.
That's like saying if you hold down your sprint key on Windows that's taking advantage of a glitch as well.
It's all apart of Vanilla MC

Any comment, ChadTheDJ?
my personal thoughts on this are that the caps lock thing cannot be helped as that is built into the mac MC. The issues that 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 BSM have is the legallity of it. The sr. staff have said no for a good reason. Not all 1.6.4 users will have the means to install it and it is not vanilla. If you played a 1.6.4 vanilla against a 1.6.4 BSM the advantage is clear.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I died a lot more than I usually do which made MCSG not fun for me.
As I've said many times before in this thread, I have been playing on 1.6.4 ever since 1.7.2 came out which means I have been facing people using the new sprint key for a few weeks now. I died a lot more, I did not enjoy it.
Going to say it bluntly Voei , don't play MCSG until we update to full 1.7 if your experience hasn't been positive with this temporary transition.

Every dev in the Minecraft community is dealing with this headache trying to update their code to work with 1.7 and things like this take time. Nothing has changed as this happens every update seasons. We had 84,000 people on yesterday and haven't really getting much complaints about this change besides a few people who were breaking the rules using the mod. Just supporting 1.6.x clients wasn't an option as we lost a lot of logins due to not being up to date with the newest version (like 20-30,000 players on average).

qxerft

Diamond
Reaction score
As I've said many times before in this thread, I have been playing on 1.6.4 ever since 1.7.2 came out which means I have been facing people using the new sprint key for a few weeks now. I died a lot more, I did not enjoy it.
I have been dealing with all of this as well. But the difference is that I have not been dying anymore than I previously was therefore not makng me notice. So that a good thing I guess. And even when 1.7 OF comes oit I probably will not evwn use the sprint key

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Using the Caps lock on a mac is essentially using a macro, which in the rules of mcsg; isn't allowed. Yet it's being allowed... Where is the logic in that
Lol as said before, it is pretty much impossible to know if someone is using it. Unless they are stupid and just admit it in game lol.

Mykul_

Diamond
Reaction score
Lol as said before, it is pretty much impossible to know if someone is using it. Unless they are stupid and just admit it in game lol.
This is a 1.7 vanilla bug and will be allowed until Mojang fixes it.
No logic
EDIT: This is like saying you should have been allowed to abuse the fist glitch without suffering any consequences

Last edited:

qxerft

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly for me its optifine(1.6) over sprint key (1.7) ( this is a personal opinion and I am sure that people with better desktops will disagree)

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
If you played a 1.6.4 vanilla against a 1.7.2 vanilla the advantage is clear.

Logic works both ways....
Yeah but I mean.. what else can be done? xD just make it.. 1.7 only? Half the community would rage lol. Allowing bsm til optifine comes out.. half the community would rage xD. It is what it is. Bsm stays banned.. and players who can't use 1.7.. either don't play Mcsg til optifine comes out.. or plays on 1.6.4 and deals with it :3

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
If you played a 1.6.4 vanilla against a 1.7.2 vanilla the advantage is clear.

Logic works both ways....
yes but my point there was not about 1.6 v 1.7 it was about the ruling and how BSM is not vanilla and well people can just suck it up for a few days. Seriously it is beginning to get stupid. It is a game after all so why cheat which is what BSM is. They should chill and have fun

qxerft

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah but I mean.. what else can be done? xD just make it.. 1.7 only? Half the community would rage lol. Allowing bsm til optifine comes out.. half the community would rage xD. It is what it is. Bsm stays banned.. and players who can't use 1.7.. either don't play Mcsg til optifine comes out.. or plays on 1.6.4 and deals with it :3
I 136.57% agree with you

Mykul_

Diamond
Reaction score
yes but my point there was not about 1.6 v 1.7 it was about the ruling and how BSM is not vanilla and well people can just suck it up for a few days. Seriously it is beginning to get stupid. It is a game after all so why cheat which is what BSM is. They should chill and have fun
The point is that mcsg is supposedly trying to provide an even playing field (As has been suggested by staff) yet 1.6 Vanilla and 1.7 Vanilla are being supported even though one provides such a huge advantage over the other. Yet 1.6.x BSM and 1.7 Vanilla aren't supported even though they provide a platform which is much more even, and, supports a larger audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci