• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Big team match!

Would you like this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randard1200

Career
Reaction score
I think it might be fun to have one server set aside for a big 12 vs 12 match or possibly a 24 vs 24 match if people like the 12 idea. Basically you would be on a team with 12 other people and you cant friendly fire. You would still spawn at corn but it would be teams. The chat could be displayed to your team only all over the map but for the other team a 55 block range(Basically team chat). When there are 3 of each team member left there would be a death match. It would be fine if one team controlled corn cuz the other could raid the corn. Leave suggestion in the comments below or arguments I will be happy to have a conversation about this with you(Hopefully not an argument just brainstorming with you :) ). Mambye it will happen??

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
Would be awesome if this would happen.
Only, how could people see who is in your team. I know their chat color would be different, but if you would look at the player you can't see the differents between a enemy and a team mate.

carlotta4th

Spectator
Reaction score
It's a good start for an idea. I like the idea of server decided teams... though it would certainly require more coding/plugins for the creators. So it's up to them.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This is an idea in the making, I think! :D 12 vs 12 seems to big because if one team gets all the good items and one gets the bad it would be quite difficult. Maybe 4 teams of 6 or something would be better for me. (4 teams of 12 for 48).
Otherwise this is a pretty good idea!

Clbrend, like Randard said, there would be no friendly fire. This means that if you try to attack a team mate, it does no damage to the person you hit and it tells you they are on your team. This is like what the War plugin does on the Vault Craft CTF server and other servers using the War plugin.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
This sounds really cool and all, but it's definitely not along the lines of the survival games or hunger games. I think you'd need to work on the idea a little more and nearly perfect it for this to be considered by the makers, though.

carlotta4th

Spectator
Reaction score
Why not just simplify this? In the actual hunger games, members from the same district can win together. They could just add a plugin/code to our existing system so that members from the same district are allowed to win a deathmatch together... all that this would require would be that deathmatches start with 3 remaining players.

Since the districts would be randomized each round, this would get various people to team up together naturally without having to add a whole lot of new plugins. And it's more true to the book/film.

Randard1200

Career
Reaction score
Wow the responses to this are amazing and anything beyond i thought it would be. Thanks for the support. Now i would like to brainstorm with you guys.
This sounds really cool and all, but it's definitely not along the lines of the survival games or hunger games.
First of all Chopper7775 that's why we would put it on a dif server so those people who still wanted to play the main kind can.

Why not just simplify this? In the actual hunger games, members from the same district can win together. They could just add a plugin/code to our existing system so that members from the same district are allowed to win a deathmatch together...
Wouldn't you like to have the choice though. To either play like the random game types or classic? This could also be a game type called district partners that could be randomly picked from other variations of this game idea.

Only, how could people see who is in your team.
There would be a certain type of plugin that would put people into team, like the plugins people use for ctf but modified to pick the version. Lets say it picks 6 teams of 4. Then the team plugins would randomly chose six teams of 4 players.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah. These are all good ideas guys, but I think we should have 1 for the random amount of team and 1 for the same district team. Anyone like that idea? Ofcourse I know it costs money to make more servers and all, but lots of people seem to like the general idea.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
Wow the responses to this are amazing and anything beyond i thought it would be. Thanks for the support. Now i would like to brainstorm with you guys.

First of all Chopper7775 that's why we would put it on a dif server so those people who still wanted to play the main kind can.
Randard1200, I say this because I believe that all resources should go towards the idea that MCSG was built upon. Hunger Games. Not Team deathmatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci