• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

BigCity Map :)

Like Maps ?

• Yes

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

Soul421

Platinum
Reaction score
The cornucopia isn't even fair, so thats a major issue.

Mitch

Platinum
Reaction score
Map looks ok in my opinion! I believe it could use some more ----->

* Terraforming
* Map Detail
* Building Detail

Slqme

Survivor
Reaction score
I do admire the skyscraper design, however, the rest of the map in a way seems a little too rushed. Also, the map radius seems far too small to be known as a proper Survival Games map, however, it would be interesting if it were implemented in a Battlegrounds map...

But I think that default trees don't usually catch the interest of other players, so I recommend to hand-build trees, it is always good and useful to practice on that, as you'll eventually know how to vary the size, direction and size of the tree.

The houses in a way seem far too small for people to explore, and they all seem the same, to catch the interest of a player, you should definitely go for making the houses look unique, or creatively built. And the buildings, always, and I mean always make sure that buildings have unique designs and structures, the skyscrapers for example, they look quite adequate, but a vast majority of buildings are simple, and too blocky, in a way not much effort seemed to have been put in it.

Also, terraforming, terraforming is a key requirement to make a map successful, you did show some decent examples of terraforming within this map, however, there doesn't seem to be enough, and the way the terraforming was made, showed that it seemed like amateur work, also showing that you may have used WorldEdit for it, you can always smooth it out. And to clarify, a majority of the space seems to flat, or empty.

The cornucopia in a way doesn't seem as if it was your best effort, as the way it was designed, the platforms on which the tributes stand on seem to awkwardly positioned, maybe they're too close or too far from one another, that's why it is recommended to make the cornucopia platforms round, meaning the whole design looks round as well.

Also, the split between the city, forest and pool seem a little too blunt, because they aren't blended in too well, and not much detail was added around the pool, maybe mix gravel, sand and mycelium together, along with cobble on dirt roads, you'll be surprised with the results!

But the main points you've gotta focus on are:
  • Increase map radius, to waaay over 200 x 200.
  • Add more detail to cornucopia, make it look catchy.
  • Terraform a little more, makes it more grand and quite interesting!
  • Add more design to the buildings, or maybe change their look, make sure they all have some sort of unique aspect, make it a little less "blocky".
  • Make nature look natural, reaaally natural, maybe try to practice on tree making and positioning, results will surprise you.
  • Make sure that sections blend in, don't make it blunt and effortlessly placed there.
Some final points to make are that you should also put some design out of the arena as well, because there are people who will reach the border, and will just see not much, simply plain old flatland, with too little of detail on the outside. And also make sure that if you're willing to hide some buildings, go creative about it! You'll be surprised with what you can come up with if you think more about it, just remember to add more bonemeal, or grass and ferns to make it look more spicy and interesting, because plain flatland without any proper grass and ferns will not be that fun. Also, try to mix some blocks together, maybe smash in some gravel, mycelium, and some dirt on the ground, it'll be interesting that way too!

Overall, I like how you made your first map, but there are loads of improvements needed. But in the meantime, good luck! :)

Have a nice day. :D
You just can't turn it off, can you? :D

For the map however, it seems way too rushed, but a good idea!

RockerLuke

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey , I have seen your map . It's nice to see it but there are some issues that make the map looks inconvenience!
  • The Cornucupia isn't fair. Try to make it a circle .
  • The map is too flat. Try to add more detail that makes the map looks better!
  • Try larging the map. The map must have the radius 200x200 . If you already have the radius like this , than ignore this argument.
  • And finally, edit the TerraForming
Anyway , good luck with the map!

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
And finally, edit the TerraForming
Proper English words don't have a second capital letter in the sentence.

This map honestly makes me cry. The fact that you've put hardly any detail into ANYTHING (Making houses, making terraforming, making trees, making road, you haven't even got anything about the map on the front page) is really shocking, and if you think this will actually get accepted, I recommend taking a good look around the currently accepted maps on MCSG.

Good day sir.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I think it would be good for PvP but if we are going by build quality, it is honestly really not good. It needs a bit more terraforming,the existing terraforming needs to be smoothed,and the builds look to bland.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Proper English words don't have a second capital letter in the sentence.

This map honestly makes me cry. The fact that you've put hardly any detail into ANYTHING (Making houses, making terraforming, making trees, making road, you haven't even got anything about the map on the front page) is really shocking, and if you think this will actually get accepted, I recommend taking a good look around the currently accepted maps on MCSG.

Good day sir.
Well..at least this comment was honest..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci