• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

BigFella's Farewell

BigFella

Platinum
Reaction score
Well as the title of this thread states, I will be leaving this community. As some of you probably know, I was a well-known AU player who had a decent amount of wins and a fairly respectable reputation. Others may know me as, a previous staff member, the person that failed pass my Sr. Moderator trial or just the guy with the Map Maker rank.
Well, here I stand today leaving this community on a fairly disappointed but glad note. I may aswell tell you how it all started and what brought me to my decision.
I first joined this community in November of 2013.
I was quite player (the bad type) and would always try to team or add someone on skype (as everyone did). I was also a green bean and no one knew me or cared who i was (which is what i miss).
About 6 months later I joined the clan scene and Fluxion326 and I made a clan called Insanity. Up until around July 2014, the community was still fairly respectable and trash talking and disputes between clans were rare and uncommon. Carrying on, Fluxion and I both merged with another clan to create Integrity (one of the best au clans back then)
In around September, Integrity's members encouraged me to apply for mod at the time so I had made an application but was later declined.
After I had left Integrity, I applied again and was later accepted on the 17th of October.
I joined Apex in November.
I was Staff up until the 2nd of June, 2015. My reasons for leaving can be found here: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/and-now-his-watch-has-ended.192618/#post-2006603
Well, I've tried to make it as short as possible and here we are now, Apex has disbanded due to AU's toxicity and the clan scene progressing no where, and I am leaving as well.
Since the beginning of July 2014, the AU community has been a negative impact towards MCGamer itself. Ever since then it has been degrading and many good players and clans have left because of it. The clan scene is utterly disgusting for such a group of young people, people resort to ddossing and a cheating just to claim wins. Trash talking and abuse is expressed as general communication between players and the community. The majority of the players in the AU community have been previously perm banned and proceed to bypass their bans to continue to play. I was talking to an AU player a few days ago, he mentioned that alternative accounts used to be unheard of back in the old days, now everyone has them.
The AU community has been dead a long time, I tried to help improve it's toxicity and continue to act as a respectful and appropriately behaved player but the poison has already leaked from its bottle. Best of luck to all those people who are still left trying to improve this tainted community. I am so glad that I am leaving this place and that I will not be coming back, I have requested a permanent ban In-Game and on TeamSpeak.
Catch ya's!

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
Well said! I agree with everything you had to say but it's a shame that we are losing one more decent person, although I completely understand why you want to leave.
At least you can leave the community with your head held high, thanks for all you have done, I'm sure you did make a positive impact one way or another.
Good luck with your future, I hope you are happier leaving all the toxic bs behind :)

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Aw man! :(

Sad to see you go. Thanks for everything you have done for our community.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci