• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Block Hitting 101

BaconRunz

Survivor
Reaction score
Block hitting is for the ones who can't strafe and is looked down on and should be looked down on block hitting is bad...

...All the good people don't block hit so why should you?

Tietan

Experienced
Reaction score
Block hitting is for the ones who can't strafe and is looked down on and should be looked down on block hitting is bad...

...All the good people don't block hit so why should you?
Block hitting is used in many instances. Perhaps it can be considered nooby, but whatever helps you win is a good tactic. The reason why many people love MCSG is because of the tactical side of it. Block hitting is a tactic, and I believe that we should accept all tactics! Thank you for your feedback!

Tietan

Experienced
Reaction score
As a former top player that also played with the other top players, blockhitting was not something we did often.
I'm sorry! I guess I haven't been in the community long enough! Thank you for the correction.

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
(clears throat)
Block Hitting 101:

1. Left-click to hit someone
2. Immediately after that, right-click to defend an attack.

WARNING: Do not spam right-left-right-left because it is cheap and there are so many disadvantages to this. Only block-hit when under attack. NEVER ATTACK USING BLOCK-HITTING!

BaconRunz

Survivor
Reaction score
(clears throat)
Block Hitting 101:

1. Left-click to hit someone
2. Immediately after that, right-click to defend an attack.

WARNING: Do not spam right-left-right-left because it is cheap and there are so many disadvantages to this. Only block-hit when under attack. NEVER ATTACK USING BLOCK-HITTING!
I will stand by and agree never attack and block hit...

ElectricElephantz

Spectator
Reaction score
Blockhitting has another function as well, to act as a RSKH in order to get extra knockback
I will quote StanMPL here~
"This is stupid how much everyone relies on blockhitting. There are plenty of ways to get great knockback. To get great knockback all you need to do is interupt your sprint with something that stops you from sprinting like sneaking, taking your finger off forward key for a split second or pressing the s key. The only difference with these is that they are slightly harder to do than blockhitting and blockhitting stops you from hitting while you are blocking, so you cant accidentally get a non knockback hit on them. Personally if the rumors are true and blockhitting/hybrid blockhitting are removed. I will be sneakhitting to 8 block."
Hybrid blockhitting is much more effective^ Basically you swing and right click for half a second and it causes insane knockback
Schmockyyy explains in a video here-
finally someone who actually grasps the concept of comboing.
I understand that MCSGer's can be magnificent pvpers, but from what I've seen, since there's no bow fns or rod in soup pvp, there's more focus upon the sword, and thereby, they've learnt better.
BTW I play both mcsg and soup so I am trying not be biased although I may sound like it.

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback! Though it may seem I don't know what I'm talking about, many people did use block hitting as opposed to strafing. Back in 1.6, strafing was a tad bit more difficult because we did not have a sprint key. Now we have a sprint key, strafing is a lot more easier. Before the sprint key, every time we time we hit someone, we stopped sprinting! This is why many people resorted to block hitting.
I have played MCSG since minecraft 1.2.5, and block hitting was always outclassed by strafing. I can't recall a single good player from before the the fishing rod got popular who block hitted (in eu). I actually think block hitting works better now in combination with the fishing rod.

Last edited:

TheUniqueOne

Survivor
Reaction score
I mix it up two of them (Normal hit, block hit) and I got insane double hits. However, I got 100ms.

Kreix

Experienced
Reaction score
I block in between sword hits. I used to always block hit but I find this works better

DrollKylemania

Tribute
Reaction score
the only time i use block hit is when someone sneaks up on me and when i am below 5 hearts. I don't see block hitting as a nooby tactic but more as a defense tactic. I do however agreed it shouldnt be spammed it should only be used when needed on top of that its going to restrict your movement when you engage someone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci