• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Blocked from Posting? Read here...

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's say that you're in love. You've met someone on MCGamer whose mere presence in your life makes the sun shine brightly and the birds sing beautifully.

One day, you decide to confess your love via Forum Private Message. You've written up an eloquent message whose poetry would bring a tear to the eyes of Shakespeare himself. But lo', as thou presses the button doth say, "Start a Conversation", a black message strikes thine heart.

More descriptively, upon attempting to post a forum message, you find this error:

Congratulations, Romeo: you've just been dock-blocked by Cloudflare.
(Why is Romeo and Juliet considered romantic anyways? It's a story of two teenagers getting hormonal over each other, getting their friends and family killed, and then killing themselves in the span of a week. It's like Twilight meets Game of Thrones in ye old Vienna.)

Cloudflare is a back-end system for the website that provides us increased speed and security. One method of increasing security is by automatically blocking IPs that have been previously used with malicious intent, such as botnets, spiders, or spammers. Over time, we've accumulated quite a number of IPs that have been blocked successfully.

But what we've discovered recently is that a number of IPs of users have been blocked as well. The leading hypothesis is that the IPs were initially used expendable as part of a malicious attack, and after the attack the IP was given to a user, unaware that the IP had been blocked. Seeing as the IP is no longer being used for malicious purposes, we should thus unblock the IP. Cloudflare usually provides a Captcha along with the error message to prove that you are human, but unfortunately our forums do not currently allow you to scroll down and see the Captcha in the error window.

So if you are getting the above error message when you attempt to post a thread, post a reply, or post a forum PM, please email [email protected]. Be sure to include your forum account name and the IP you are currently posting from. The Support Team will then route these requests through Chad, who will whitelist the IPs on Cloudflare manually.

And then everyone will live happily ever after.
Except for the botnets, spiders, and spammers. They're as dead as the royal family in Hamlet.

Special Thanks to Mooclan for posting the initial bug report and supplying the image.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I know plenty of people who will love the news and yeah Romeo and Juliet really isn't romantic.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'd also like to point out that this issue does not only arise when trying to send private messages. I've had this happen to me when
A: Posting a Thread
B: Posting on a Thread
C: Sending a Private Message

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd also like to point out that this issue does not only arise when trying to send private messages. I've had this happen to me when
A: Posting a Thread
B: Posting on a Thread
C: Sending a Private Message
Noted, and updated the thread. Thanks for that.

Also, if you'd like, we can remove the image for you if you don't want people seeing your response. However, then we'd have to find another image...

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Noted, and updated the thread. Thanks for that.

Also, if you'd like, we can remove the image for you if you don't want people seeing your response. However, then we'd have to find another image...
Nah, it's fine if you keep it. I find it rather humorous, as I didn't post the image for that purpose but now it's on an announcement thread. xD

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
The post in the background talks about BitoBain. That must mean Mooclan was confessing his love for him on that post! :p

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
I had this problem, and sent a picture to all the sr mods + via PM

The only person who replied was Le0 ... :/
Also, it happened to me when posting a ban dispute, however didn't happen when I posted a shorter message :?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci